Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21  
    Senior Member FourWinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,138
    Just had one of those roast chickens you get out of Walmart. Love those damn things. Just made some rice and brown gravy for a side and now I'm enjoying a cold bottle of Breckenridge Avalanche. Best damn beer in Colorado or maybe even West of the Mississippi.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    51,933
    I've been slow smoking a leg of lamb all day, will have it with new potatoes when it's ready.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    MO & FL
    Posts
    43,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Hope those were Rotel tomatoes.
    Sorry, no Rotel but will try it next time, give it more zing. I've been eating a bit of cottage cheese (which I usually hate) daily to up the protein, but found a way I can eat it. I bought some of the hottest pepper jelly I've ever had at a little shop in Pace, Florida. My favorite is mango habanero. It makes even that bland cottage cheese edible.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    25,984
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I bought some of the hottest pepper jelly I've ever had at a little shop in Pace, Florida. My favorite is mango habanero. It makes even that bland cottage cheese edible.
    That sounds good.

    Tonight for dinner I took a friend to a restaurant in Las Vegas for his birthday. He ordered AYCE fresh water catfish. The place is known for their hushpuppies that they bring you with your drinks. They are unlike any hushpuppies I have ever had and were pretty addicting. They were served with honey butter for dipping.

    This is the place: http://thehushpuppy.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member FourWinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,138
    Doing it simple tonight. Ribeye steak cooked on the stove rare and bloody with black eyed peas. Man, is there anything better than rare beef?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    51,933
    Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    Doing it simple tonight. Ribeye steak cooked on the stove rare and bloody with black eyed peas. Man, is there anything better than rare beef?
    Pretty much tops!
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    MO & FL
    Posts
    43,753
    That ribeye sounds great. We also like those steaks rare.

    Nothing much tonight to eat as don't feel well. We went to an Indian place nearby with an all you can eat buffet. I didn't eat much as didn't see much that I liked. Admit to having 2 plates, but didn't have that much on the plates. The 2nd was just a runny rice pudding (had a few tablespoons) and some melons, which were hard and not sweet. I still feel sick from that stuff. yuck. SR at least isn't sick from it, but also didn't like it. We won't be returning.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member FourWinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That ribeye sounds great. We also like those steaks rare.

    Nothing much tonight to eat as don't feel well. We went to an Indian place nearby with an all you can eat buffet. I didn't eat much as didn't see much that I liked. Admit to having 2 plates, but didn't have that much on the plates. The 2nd was just a runny rice pudding (had a few tablespoons) and some melons, which were hard and not sweet. I still feel sick from that stuff. yuck. SR at least isn't sick from it, but also didn't like it. We won't be returning.
    Nice. I love Indian cuisine. As for the steak, the next one I have may be an experiment. Dunno why but lately every time I see beef I get an increasing urge to eat it raw. I may try that next weekend.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    14,736
    Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    Nice. I love Indian cuisine. As for the steak, the next one I have may be an experiment. Dunno why but lately every time I see beef I get an increasing urge to eat it raw. I may try that next weekend.
    Cut it into half inch cubes and submerge it in old-fashioned kraft Italian dressing, cover and put it in the fridge for a couple of days. Cooked without fire.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    FL & MO
    Posts
    51,695
    I just put a bunch of chicken drumsticks on
    the grill to cook. I have a hanger so they
    cook nice and even without the need
    for turning.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •