Original message
    I Hope Wal-Mart Takes A Hit For This Whether They're Guilty Or Not

Fuck 'em
    The old "fake but accurate meme".

Ol' TIT even has to stick his beak into this thread:

TomInTib (1000+ posts)
    Sun Nov-30-08 08:17 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. The "Blitz Line forms here" is what did it for me.

They knew just who was going to show up for that deal (this is not a racist comment, just realism from a professional Marketer).

That sign was tantamount to inciting a riot.

Fuck WalMart and everyone who helps support them.
    So you're a professional marketer now? I thought you were the cashier at some stupid art gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    The old "fake but accurate meme".

Ol' TIT even has to stick his beak into this thread:

So you're a professional marketer now? I thought you were the cashier at some stupid art gallery.

TiT is just another asshole with NPD who lies his ass off to everyone he encounters so they believe he isn't the worthless jerkazoid he really is.

On another note, Wal-Mart employs 1.3 million people ( including senior citizens and those with disabilities), but I guess DU doesn't care if they suffer as well; their hate seems to know bounds and their madness no end.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

BrklynLiberal (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-30-08 08:15 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. I agree. The company carries so much responsibility for the loss of
    American made products, they deserve some payback.
    More of the endless liberal "the ends justify the means." And more of the liberal "I don't like them or what I say they do, so therefore they should pay whether they are guilty or not." It's all about FEELINGS, not rule of law.

Sort of like Obama saying that Federal Judges should rule based on having EMPATHY for people (of course only CERTAIN people).

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Liability is determined by fault.

If the store could have reasonably forseen problems and did not adequately prepare, then the corporation is at fault.

If not, then no.

Thing is, if this goes to a jury it could go badly for the corporation.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    More of the endless liberal "the ends justify the means." And more of the liberal "I don't like them or what I say they do, so therefore they should pay whether they are guilty or not." It's all about FEELINGS, not rule of law.

Sort of like Obama saying that Federal Judges should rule based on having EMPATHY for people (of course only CERTAIN people).
    Moonbats don't care if 1.3 million suffer, as long as the Legion Of DUnces feels good. THese assholes can't blame people who do wrong, they instead point their finger at the people they hate.

God, these are the same kind of assholes that use to shove people into ovens and acted like they were doing good.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Banned
    I say we do not allow Barack Obama to take office because of that whole where was he really born thing, whether he is really a qualified US citizen or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    TiT is just another asshole with NPD who lies his ass off to everyone he encounters so they believe he isn't the worthless jerkazoid he really is.

On another note, Wal-Mart employs 1.3 million people ( including senior citizens and those with disabilities), but I guess DU doesn't care if they suffer as well; their hate seems to know bounds and their madness no end.
    Well, you're forgetting that the majority of DUmmies, like most ultra libs in general, don't give a crap about the elderly or the disabled, unless they're manipulating those groups to push for socialized health care. In fact, they make cruel, vicious, and bigoted comments about those groups all the time (i.e. making fun of McCain's age by calling him "Gramps" and other such insults, making flat- out despicable comments about Trig Palin, etc.).

One, I work for Wal-Mart ( I get benfits, paid vacations and profit sharing) , two, I'm an Aspie and we have as a whole very high rate of unemployment. I get to work a 40 hour a week job with health insurance; and be damned if a bunch out of touch goofs are going to ruin my life just so they can make themselves feel good and impress a bunch of worthless jerkazoid on the internet.

In the words of Ken Foree from DAWN OF THE DEAD " You're just not playing with your life, your playing mine!"
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

One, I work for Wal-Mart ( I get benfits, paid vacations and profit sharing) , two, I'm an Aspie and we have as a whole very high rate of unemployment. I get to work a 40 hour a week job with health insurance; and be damned if a bunch out of touch goofs are going to ruin my life just so they can make themselves feel good and impress a bunch of worthless jerkazoid on the internet.

In the words of Ken Foree from DAWN OF THE DEAD " You're just not playing with your life, your playing mine!"
    I'm an Aspie, too (So is Bill Gates, from what I've heard).
    It can be hard for me to find a job, especially with the economy the way it is.

I'm a union member, and we are constantly told not to shop at WalMart. I've only been in a couple of times-Meijer is more convenient, location-wise, and being from Grand Rapids, I am accustomed to shopping there. WalMart didn't come to the Detroit area until the 90s, and my shopping habits were pretty set by then. I've bought coats to donate at church there, because they had the lowest price.

My sister, on the other hand, who is usually much more liberal than I am, is a total WalMart fan. She says that their prices can't be beat, and that they are very good to their female employees, and that women have a more than better chance of getting promoted if they work hard and learn their jobs well.