Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So what youíre saying is it wonít fair for us to blame olí Blinky for the shit he initiated 1,875 calendar days after he leaves office - like we do BubbaCheeseBurger? ;)
    That's not what I am saying. King George, Bubba, daddy Bush, Nixon, Carter, LBJ, JFK have all screwed the pooch as far as a sane energy policy is concerned. Is that enough for you? The peanut farmer stated that "we will never be dependent on foreign oil." What has happened since. After the oil embargo passed and the price dropped like a rock. Congress said, happy days are here again, and we don't need alternative energy nor do we need to bail out those wildcatters that went belly up. This mindset in Congress has festered up until the last several years. Now our politicians are looking for quick fixes. There are none. Deal with it; gasoline prices are going to keep going up; I am booking it.

Offshore drilling on the east and west coast is only part of the puzzle if we ever want to be dependent on our own oil supply. The nut jobs on the east and west coast will never allow that. Just like they will not allow nuke plants and new refineries. Tough shit CA. I hope your gas goes up to $10 per gallon. States like LA, TX and MS are carrying more than their fair share of the load.

Hey, 465 land wells, 5 off-shore rigs - with180 more wells, Huntington Beach is doing its part! ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Bush is about 8 years too late on this one. He should have pushed for this years ago for me to take notice. Sheesh!

Actually he did.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Actually he did.
    Both George and Jeb got bushwacked by the liberals and the press on the issue of offshore drilling. Hope the Prez keeps the heat up on the Democrats because this is a great opportuinity for the country and for him. The chickenshit opponets of offshore drilling are running scared now.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Actually he did.
    Was it a Push....or a nudge?

I don't remember this being a major congressional fight with him leading the charge. I could be wrong.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Was it a Push....or a nudge?

I don't remember this being a major congressional fight with him leading the charge. I could be wrong.
    it was a shove backwards by the democraps.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Drill NOW!!! TODAY!!!

The idiocy of saying we should not drill because we wouldn't see results for ten years is beyond belief. In ten years we can still make the same argument.

The best day to plant a tree is 25 years ago;.------------------The next best day is today.

10+ years a ago Clinton would not drill in anwar, since it would be, um, 10 years before that helped. That was so smart, so lets stick to it! Even better, no anwar AND no off shore drilling.

Ten years from now, I wonder if the democrats will be crowing about how they stopped the U.S. from drilling more to increase supplies.

9. #29 bush flails 
    he's been flailing from day one.

yall used to think he was some kind of great leader.

you wont be able to drill. poor winger. bush wont get it. and obama wont let you.

go cry for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Drill NOW!!! TODAY!!!

The idiocy of saying we should not drill because we wouldn't see results for ten years is beyond belief. In ten years we can still make the same argument.

The best day to plant a tree is 25 years ago;.------------------The next best day is today.