1. #1 Famed Enema Guru Blames America For Mumbai Attacks 
    Deepak Blames America

The media look within to explain the sick delusions of the Mumbai killers.
    By DOROTHY RABINOWITZ

If the Mumbai terror assault seemed exceptional, and shocking in its targets, it was clear from the Thanksgiving Day reports that we weren't going to be deprived of the familiar, either. Namely, ruminations, hints, charges of American culpability that regularly accompany catastrophes of this kind.

Soon enough, there was Deepak Chopra, healer, New Age philosopher and digestion guru, advocate of aromatherapy and regular enemas, holding forth on CNN on the meaning of the attacks.

How the ebullient Dr. Chopra had come to be chosen as an authority on terror remains something of a mystery, though the answer may have something to do with his emergence in the recent presidential campaign as a thinker of advanced political views. Also commending him, perhaps, is his well known capacity to cut through all sorts of complexities to make matters simple. No one can fail to grasp the wisdom of a man who has informed us that "If you have happy thoughts, then you make happy molecules."

In his CNN interview, he was no less clear. What happened in Mumbai, he told the interviewer, was a product of the U.S. war on terrorism, that "our policies, our foreign policies" had alienated the Muslim population, that we had "gone after the wrong people" and inflamed moderates. And "that inflammation then gets organized and appears as this disaster in Bombay."

All this was a bit too much, evidently, for CNN interviewer Jonathan Mann, who interrupted to note that there were other things going on -- matters like the ongoing bitter Pakistan-India struggle over Kashmir -- which had caused so much terror and so much violence. "That's not Washington's fault," he pointed out.
    I was torn between posting this in Breaking News or the Whiny Zone so I compromised. :)

WSJ

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I was torn between posting this in Breaking News or the Whiny Zone so I compromised. :)

WSJ
    "If you have happy thoughts, then you make happy molecules."And happy molecules lead to happy 'dumps' ?
    I was expecting that some 'fool' would work Bush Into the attack but instead we have this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I was torn between posting this in Breaking News or the Whiny Zone so I compromised.
    May I suggest just stapling it to Deepak's empty skull with a nail gun?
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Soon enough, there was Deepak Chopra, healer, New Age philosopher and digestion guru, advocate of aromatherapy and regular enemas, holding forth on CNN on the meaning of the attacks.
    Chopra's new theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nix_YStjhpU
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

In his CNN interview, he was no less clear. What happened in Mumbai, he told the interviewer, was a product of the U.S. war on terrorism, that "our policies, our foreign policies" had alienated the Muslim population, that we had "gone after the wrong people" and inflamed moderates. And "that inflammation then gets organized and appears as this disaster in Bombay."
    The wrong people my Chopra.
    This is precisely what I look for in the legacy media. They attempt to frame the argument to suit their worldview. I challenge this outright. The Muslims have alienated themselves. Especially those who live in and demand we all live in the 8th century. When the muslim community takes responsibility for these attacks and collectively close ranks and denounces these murderers, then I'll listen to their pointless point of view.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand