1. #1 Muslims barred from picture at Obama event 
    Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate.

The campaign has apologized to the women, all Obama supporters who said they felt betrayed by their treatment at the rally.

"This is of course not the policy of the campaign. It is offensive and counter to Obama's commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton. "We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers."

Building a human backdrop to a political candidate, a set of faces to appear on television and in photographs, is always a delicate exercise in demographics and political correctness. Advance staffers typically pick supporters out of a crowd to reflect the candidate's message.

When Obama won North Carolina amid questions about his ability to connect with white voters, for instance, he stood in front of a group of middle-aged white women waving small American flags. Across the aisle, a Hispanic New Hampshire Democrat, Roberto Fuentes, told Politico that he was recently asked, and declined, to contribute to the "diversity" of the crowd behind Senator John McCain at a Nashua event.

But for Obama, the old-fashioned image-making contrasts with his promise to transcend identity politics, and to embrace all elements of America. The incidents in Michigan, which has one of the largest Arab and Muslim populations in the country, also raise an aspect of his campaign that sometimes rubs Muslims the wrong way: The candidate has vigorously denied a false, viral rumor that he himself is Muslim. But the denials seem to some at times to imply that there something wrong with the faith, though Obama occasionally adds that he means no disrespect to Islam.

"I was coming to support him, and I felt like I was discriminated against by the very person who was supposed to be bringing this change, who I could really relate to," said Hebba Aref, a 25-year-old lawyer who lives in the Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills. "The message that I thought was delivered to us was that they do not want him associated with Muslims or Muslim supporters."
    Link

It's interesting to me that for a candidate that is supposedly so fresh and the anti-politician, his handling is very packaged indeed. This isn't the first time that the campaign staff has managed the appearance for pr purposes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Link

It's interesting to me that for a candidate that is supposedly so fresh and the anti-politician, his handling is very packaged indeed. This isn't the first time that the campaign staff has managed the appearance for pr purposes.
    Most of these photo-ops are so staged/phony anyway but it does speak to Obama's amateurish campaign handlers. You forgot to include that Obama is clean but he sure has some crooked and questionable characters like Louis F. and other nut jobs supporting him.

Eyelids is boiling in oil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!! Too funny!

No Muslims for you Mr. Osama Obama.
    I can just hear his wife, "get those ragheads outta that picture!!!"
    :D

what a fake and phony....dare I say racist.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Only problem is that a tiny percentage of voters will be aware of his campaign doing this and a huge number won't see the head-scarves. Sounds like his people are pretty sharp if only scum-bags. Even if this slap in the Muslim face was plastered on the NYT front page, it wouldn't make any difference. We are doomed to endure this SOB. Just hope we can.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

6. #6 "Get Me More White People... We Need More White People" 
    Not the first time the backdrop was altered to make MO and BO look better.
    http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...t-me-more.html
    Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    That's why Eyelids worships him so much. They both have so much in common.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    There goes the "new politics."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!!! Too funny!

No Muslims for you Mr. Osama Obama.
    I can just hear his wife, "get those ragheads outta that picture!!!"
    :D
    And those nappy headed ho's:)