1. #1 New phone, not sure about Nougat right now 
    My phone was facing the ravages of planned obsolescence when my wife sends me a message about a $60 Nougat phone on Amazon. Checked into it, an Alcatel A30, priced down by the Amazon apps and ads that come installed on it. We decided to give it a whirl, wanted to share impressions and see what others have seen.

Good stuff (all prefaced with "for a cheap phone")
    Good sized screen
    battery holds up well
    runs everyday apps fine

Questionable stuff, some of which may be phone specific, some may be Nougat
    can't plug in micro usb thumb drive
    no option to install app data onto sd card (I know that one is Android)
    Default messaging and contacts apps don't let you set individual notification sounds for people. Ringtones yes, but not text messages.
    File explorer is not very intuitive

Anyone seeing these or other problems on their phones, or am I just not adjusting to change again?

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

How is the phone working out?

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    How is the phone working out?
    It's OK. Storage is an issue, but as long as Android won't let apps save data to the SD card, and apps keep storing insane amounts of data, that will be an across the board. I'll be keeping an eye on upgrade deals, but its a good spare/stay connected until one saves up cash/experiment with rooting phone.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!