Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hillary Clinton Says She Will Never Run for Office Again 
    link

Hassin Bin Sober (17,402 posts)

Hillary Clinton Says She Will Never Run for Office Again

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ice_again.html

Former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton made it clear she is not going to run for public office again, although she vowed to continue trying to make a difference on the issues she cares about. “As an active politician it’s over. I am done with being a candidate,” Clinton said in an interview with CBS that was broadcast on Sunday morning, two days before the release of her memoir about the 2016 campaign. “But I am not done with politics, because I literally believe that our country’s future is at stake.”

The interview to promote her memoir What Happened made it clear Clinton is still not over her shocking electoral defeat in November. “I am good,” Clinton said. “But that doesn’t mean I am complacent or resolved about what happened. It still is very painful. It hurts a lot.”

The former candidate said she was “gobsmacked” by her loss to Trump. “I went, into a frenzy of closet cleaning, and long walks in the woods, playing with my dogs, and, as I write—yoga, alternate nostril breathing, which I highly recommend, tryin’ to calm myself down. And—you know, my share of chardonnay. It was a very hard transition. I really struggled,” she said. “I couldn’t feel; I couldn’t think. I was just gobsmacked, wiped out.”

Clinton also used the interview to harshly criticize President Trump. “We have a reality show that leads to the election of a president,” Clinton said. “He ends up in the Oval Office. He says, ‘Boy, it’s so much harder than I thought it would be. This is really tough. I had no idea.’ Well, yeah, because it’s not a show. It’s real. It’s reality, for sure.”

LisaM (20,869 posts)

2. November 9, 2016 was the hardest day of my life.

I still cannot believe what happened. I thought that December 12, 2000 would have been the worst day in I ever went through on a political basis, but I was wrong. I almost didn't make the transition between November 8 and 9, to tell you the truth.

Eff anyone who "got over" Gore's, and Hillary's, losses. Eff them forever. We cannot and should not get over this nonsense of stolen elections and evisceration of stellar candidates who would have made two of the best presidents this country ever had.
    StevieM (6,378 posts)

27. I would add the destruction of ACORN to that list of heinous injustices.

The GOP is so diabolical.
    Maven (9,064 posts)

3. Will Bernie do the right thing and announce his intention not to run in 2020?

I hope so.
    Hassin Bin Sober (17,402 posts)

10. Why would the most popular politician In the country make such a promise?
    Maven (9,064 posts)

20. First of all, please stop trying the "most popular politician" nonsense

That Harvard Harris poll has been debunked many times.

Second, see my post above. He is damaged as a potential candidate and his continued presence looming over 2020 perpetuates divisions. Hillary was urged to announce that she wouldn't run again for the good of the party. She did. Time for Bernie to do the same.
    nycbos (1,465 posts)

7. She has shown amazing grace and class.

I wasn't always a fan of hers, however I have become a big admirer.

I was in Organizer in FL for the last mouth of the campaign. She went a letter to all the organizers. When I read it I almost cried. I have it framed on my wall.

She would in my opinion fully justified in saying this to the people "I tried to warn you about him. You didn't listen. You are getting exactly what you paid for. Now f*** off."
    Yes that would show "amazing grace and class".
    jcmaine72 (91 posts)

11. She was systematically defamed, degraded, denigrated, disparaged, devalued, and finally...

deprived of a victory she rightfully earned. Why would she run for office again?
    "Rightfully earned" because it was "her turn".
    Orsino (35,329 posts)

24. I can't blame her, but I don't like that the haters won. n/t

HilLIARy also promised in 2006 or 2007 that she wouldn't run for President. I think a lot of Ds hope she'll keep this promise.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    How did America sink so low with no one that could run for office other than the very worst the Nation has. Her along with that perv draft dodger have stolen more money than most of us could count even when using a calculator. When this woman claimed it was all a right wing conspiracy against ole slick willy for diddling the hired help I knew then she was a real power hungry shrew who would say or do anything to be the Queen. Half the women in the slums of America could have done as much as she did all this time she has held any office. She is to put it mildly useless as tits on a boar hog

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I wish she would never run her vocal orifice again!
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    HilLIARy also promised in 2006 or 2007 that she wouldn't run for President. I think a lot of Ds hope she'll keep this promise.
    2006 as well as 2015.

Remember in 2015 she was telling everyone she was only interested in being the best Grandma to her new grandchild with "NO" interest in running.
    Klaatu barada nikto

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yet another lie.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    2006 as well as 2015.

Remember in 2015 she was telling everyone she was only interested in being the best Grandma to her new grandchild with "NO" interest in running.
    Poor kids, can't imagine her as a grandma. She's too power hungry and greedy to think about the kids.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I'll believe it when they plant her. Or disappears in a burst of flame, sulfurous smoke, a thunderclap, and demonic laughter. Whichever.