Thread: Cowboy Beef Dip
#1 Cowboy Beef Dip09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Made this for football Sunday and thought it was really good.
*1 pound ground beef
* 4 tablespoons chopped onion, divided
* 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, divided
* 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper, divided
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
* 1/2 cup salsa
* 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
* 4 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, divided
* 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
* 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons sour cream
* 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
* Tortilla chips
In a large skillet, cook the beef, 3 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons red pepper and 1 tablespoon green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, 3 tablespoons ripe olives, 3 tablespoons pimiento-stuffed olives, chilies, jalapeno, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish. Top with the cheese, sour cream and parsley; sprinkle with the remaining onion, peppers and olives. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
09-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Sounds good! Thanks for making me hungry. :p
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|