1. #1 Sports Media Throws Cold Water on Indians’ Winning Streak Because of ‘Racist Logo’ 
    The Cleveland Indians have been having quite a season. Yet, despite winning an amazing 19 games in a row, the sports media cannot help themselves, from ruining all the fun by bringing Chief Wahoo, the team’s 70-year-old “racist” logo.

After toppling the Los Angeles Dodgers for best record, the Indians have realized an 19-game winning streak which is only one game away from the 20-game record set by the Oakland A’s in 2002. The Tribe just might have the opportunity to hit that magic 21, too, as they next face the Detroit Tigers for a three-game series.

The Tigers are already mathematically eliminated from division contention, so they have not been having the best season, to put it mildly.

Needless to say, Indians fans and commentators have been on Cloud Nine for the last few months

However, even as the excitement builds to a fever pitch, leave it to the liberal sports media to find a way to throw cold water on the fun.

Ted Berg of USA Today felt compelled to jump to his keyboard to proclaim the Cleveland Indians’ winning streak essentially null and void because the team still has its cartoon Indian, Chief Wahoo, as a mascot.

In a Sept. 11 editorial, Berg exclaims, “Everything about the red-hot Cleveland Indians is awesome except their very racist logo.”

Despite Cleveland having “the best record in the Majors,” and asking readers, “How fun is this team,” Berg is sour because of Chief Wahoo
    http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...f-racist-logo/

I don't always think Indian mascots are racist, but the Cleveland one is definitely a throwback to a less sensitive era.

That shouldn't detract from the team's success.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't always think Indian mascots are racist, but the Cleveland one is definitely a throwback to a less sensitive era.

That shouldn't detract from the team's success.
    If one bothers to read the history of the team name, it was to honor an American Indian player. Certainly I posted about this before here, just Google Lou Sockalexis.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    If one bothers to read the history of the team name, it was to honor an American Indian player. Certainly I posted about this before here, just Google Lou Sockalexis.

The mascot resembles the cartoon Indians from pre-Chuck Jones Looney Tunes era. But you have a point-are actual American Indians offended by the mascot or is it white snowflakes being offended on their behalf? EMU changed their mascot from the Hurons to the Eagles-the Huron image was of a warrior Indian. Ann Arbor's Huron High School changed their name to Skyline High School. CMU kept their Chippewa mascot-the tribe wanted them to keep it. I am for historical preservation in general, and I think that naming school teams after the tribes does that.

Anyways, we got the important protests in Detroit this week-Kid Rock opened at the brand new Little Caesar's Arena last night (and has 5 more shows this week). So he had a bunch of people protesting his use of the traitor flag. He has played in Detroit before, and it's not like his use of that flag is new. But his potential run for the Senate is. The protests are being led by one Sam Riddle, who served time for his involvement in Monica Conyers' corruption. Out of all the Detroit pols involved in scandals over the past 30 years or so that I've lived in this area, the only person involved in any of them that I ever met in person was Riddle. I was sent by my employer to attend a city convention in the 90s regarding children's services and working with the schools. He was a speaker there (it was before his downfall). One of my friends and I were talking to him during a break-he never once looked in either of our eyes. His eyes were fixated on our boobs.

Riddle is also playing racial politics in Warren, where my mayor is being attacked by both parties (he used to be a republican, but is liberal on social issues and is now an independent). He called out the Dem. county executive and the repub county works administrator on dumping toxic sludge from a sinkhole into a creek that runs through Warren, into the Clinton River and ultimately into Lake St. Clair and the drinking water for the entire region. Mayor Fouts was trying to team up with Detroit against all of it, and suddenly, tapes of him allegedly using the n word surfaced. Then Riddle started protesting with his friends at Warren city government meetings.