1. #1 University of Baltimore students stage '#NeverDeVos' walk-out 
    Dozens of University of Baltimore students protested Monday against the school’s decision to host U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy Devos as the fall commencement speaker.

Despite the protest calling for DeVos to be disinvited, along with an accompanying petition boasting more than 3,000 signatures, The Baltimore Sun reports that University President and former Baltimore Mayor Kurt Shmoke stood by his decision, saying it is “in the best tradition of the university,” which “stands for freedom of speech” and debate, even on controversial issues.

“I do feel that having the U.S. Secretary of Education on our campus is something that’s very important for the university, and in the long run, I believe that students will recognize that whether they agree with her position on issues or not,” he added.

Meanwhile dozens of students participated in a “class walk-out” protest, standing up in the middle of their classes and assembling for a rally, where many held signs featuring the hashtag “#NeverDevos
    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9759

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Are we to believe these little apes came up with this themselves? Whatever happened to individualism and thinking for ourselves?
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are we to believe these little apes came up with this themselves? Whatever happened to individualism and thinking for ourselves?
    True, Rock. If the Soros goons weren't paying them, they'd have zero clue who Betsy DeVos is.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I'm not a fan of Betsy DeVos and think she was a poor choice for Secretary of Education. I trust no one associated with (sc)AMWAY. She never went to public school, she never sent her kids to public school, and she and her husband support using tax money to pay for religious education. The only experience she has with public schools, which is where the vast majority of American kids are educated, is on plotting to defund them.

She raised a good kid, though. Rich Jr. has done a lot of good things for my hometown (Grand Rapids) and has talked to Detroit leaders about some of his ideas that could help here-Art Prize in GR is an awesome thing he started that is happening now (every September). The program makes art public, and you can walk around downtown and view all the entries in public spaces.

I also like her current church, which is Mars Hill Bible Church. It used to be Grand Village Mall. LOL.

Baltimore never tires of being a collection of losers.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Sidwell Friends School is a highly selective Quaker school located in Bethesda, Maryland and Washington, D.C., offering pre-kindergarten through secondary school classes.

Described as "the Harvard of Washington's private schools" the school has educated children of notable politicians, including those of several presidents. Both of former United States President Barack Obama's daughters, Sasha and Malia, and former Vice President Joe Biden's grandchildren attend the school. President Theodore Roosevelt's son Archibald, Richard Nixon's daughter Tricia, Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton, and Vice President Al Gore's son, Albert Gore III, graduated from Sidwell Friends.

If private schools are good enough for Chelsea Clinton, Obama's daughters, Joe Biden's grandchildren and All Gore's son then private schools should be good enough for DeVos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidwell_Friends_School