1. #1 Kmart Rebrands ‘Plus-Size’ Section as ‘Fabulously Sized’ 
    Big box retailer Kmart is rebranding its “plus-size” section as “fabulously-sized” as a way to fight back against “body-shaming.”

Kelly Cook, Kmart’s chief marketing officer, told Women’s Wear Daily that the retail chain wanted to get in on the “body-positivity” movement that has been trending in the market, in fashion circles, and among celebrities.

“This decision was heavily influenced by the fact that there’s a solid trend on the market around diversity promotion and body positivity,” she said, adding that Kmart has noticed, “a big body positive focus in the teen and Millennial markets.”

For a piece of clothing to be considered “plus-size,” particularly in women’s fashion, it must be above a size 14-16.

Kmart said it would rebrand all areas that say “plus-sized” in the women’s apparel sections of its stores to include the words “fabulously-sized.” The department chain will also get rid of the “plus-size” labels on swimwear and underwear products, as well as offer a broader selection of sizes in stores
    “fabulously-sized”

http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2...ulously-sized/

Sheeesh, it's 2017 and they still haven't figured it out ??!?

Just go with BBW. end of PC-stress and wasted money

(Big, Beautiful Women)

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    If I were single and someone said they were going to set me up with a fabulous size woman I would imagine a lady with her own zip code.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Their stores are all run down long forgotten trash pits, and they think this will get customers back?

Seriously, when your stores look like this, it needs far more then re-branding the plus-sizes. It needs better management.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Their stores are all run down long forgotten trash pits, and they think this will get customers back?

Seriously, when your stores look like this, it needs far more then re-branding the plus-sizes. It needs better management.
    That's the truth. There's only one Kmart in my city and it's a dump. The aisles actually have pot holes in them. I never see more than 10 cars in the parking lot on any given day so I have no idea how they stay open.

Kmart is still open?

K-Mart closed in my area a few years ago. And their sister store, Sears, closed after being open for more than 60 years. They're dying and no amount of PC is going to stop it.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

I worked at K-Mart in the 80s, when the Kresge family still owned it. I enjoyed working there, it was really kind of fun at times-we loved doing the Blue Light specials, customers enjoyed the promotion and customer service was always the most important factor. We got paid in cash every Friday. It was a good place for a college student to work, and both stores I worked at were fairly busy, one being near the mall in GR (it's now a Burlington Coat Factory) and one near campus in K-Zoo (it's an At Home now).

Martha Stewart's move to Macys hurt them badly. The takeover of Sears didn't help either company. Ending the Blue Light Specials was a big mistake. To the corporate leaders, it may have seemed cheesy, but customers liked them.

Meijer did away with a separate plus-sized department and put all their sizes out on the same racks. Their suppliers make most of the women's clothes in both size sets, and they want to make their heavy customers feel less stigmatized. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I worked at K-Mart in the 80s, when the Kresge family still owned it. I enjoyed working there, it was really kind of fun at times-we loved doing the Blue Light specials, customers enjoyed the promotion and customer service was always the most important factor. We got paid in cash every Friday. It was a good place for a college student to work, and both stores I worked at were fairly busy, one being near the mall in GR (it's now a Burlington Coat Factory) and one near campus in K-Zoo (it's an At Home now).

Martha Stewart's move to Macys hurt them badly. The takeover of Sears didn't help either company. Ending the Blue Light Specials was a big mistake. To the corporate leaders, it may have seemed cheesy, but customers liked them.

Meijer did away with a separate plus-sized department and put all their sizes out on the same racks. Their suppliers make most of the women's clothes in both size sets, and they want to make their heavy customers feel less stigmatized. Smart move.
    Everyone I know enjoyed the blue light specials. I remember when they returned, just without the blue light. It was a great way for the store to catch additional sales.

When I was in college I did inventory for an inventory company at a few Kmarts. They were decent stores then.