1. #1 Dow plunges 680 points. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Up and down she goes, where it ends up...

nobody knows!!!:eek:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks got hammered Monday, as investors bailed out following confirmation that the U.S. is mired in a recession and indications that it's likely to continue for some time.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) lost 680 points, its fourth-biggest single-session decline on a point basis ever. The decline was 7.7% in percentage terms - the 12th worst percentage one-day decline ever.

Year-to-date, the Dow is down 38.6% and has lost 42.5% from its record close of 14164.53 hit on Oct. 9, 2007.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Today I was talking to a friend and I said I lost 17% of my portfolio this year and I feel good. :eek:

He's lost 48% and I guess the average is 41%. Good grief :(
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

I know folks that have lost 50% or more on homes less then five years old!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I know folks that have lost 50% or more on homes less then five years old!
    When my dad passed away last year he left me three rental properties and his residence. People are lined up to buy the rental properties and the offers on them are about $20-$25K more than I ever thought of selling them for. Thank God I do not owe anything on them.

Luckily I had taken most of my money out of the market. Gold and guns is where my money is going.