Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Luther Strange Endorsement was Latest Awful Advice Trump Received from Jared Kushner 
    To no one’s surprise, President Donald Trump is apparently “furious” over his woefully misguided decision to go all-in for Luther Strange in Alabama’s U.S. Senate primary.
    It was a decision that blew spectacularly up in the president’s face last night with Strange’s massive 10-point loss to Roy Moore, an outsider much closer in spirit to Trumpism than establishment crony Strange.

In what is becoming a disturbing pattern, Trump’s son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner was apparently one of those who advised the president to back Strange, to once again sail into big, jagged rocks — a humiliation for Trump that anyone with any real-world political sense should have (and did) seen coming from a mile away.

Appointed under shady circumstances, Strange is a walking-talking poster child for everything Trump ran against, a good ole’ boy, Republican establishment backslapper strongly backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who has done nothing but post failure after failure since Trump’s inauguration
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-trump-rocks/

Banned
    One of the linchpins of Leadership has always been the wisdom to discern character; a trait the Greeks and Romans insisted upon, in their rulers.
    While I gladly voted for Trump, considering the alternative; given his judgement to date, he is headed for a catastrophic defeat in 2020, if he lasts that long.
    Consider the parade of monumental jackasses he has and continues to appoint allowing them to speak for and represent him:
    Flynn, Manafort, Scaramouchi, Spicier, Sessions, now Price; and the list goes on and on.
    A reflection:
    The Cathedral in Milan has a large portrait of two people in a tent, on the eve of the Battle of Alesia; the decisive encounter between Vercingetorix, Chieftan of the Gauls and Julius Caesar.
    The two are, Caesar reviewing his Order of Battle for the morrow and an acolyte holding a large candle. No one else!!!
    Caesar's decisive victory at Alesia, subdued the Gauls, creating a buffer for Rome which lasted 500 years!!!
    Anything think Trump is made of such stuff???????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Arrian View Post
    Anything think Trump is made of such stuff???????????????????????????????
    Not unless he dumps that son-in-law. I think his Achilles heel is his loyalty. He needs to separate family and politics. I had read that he credited Kushner with some of the strategies that led to his election victories. But Kushner is not ready for prime time with his governmental knowledge.

This has to really hurt Trump, who obviously places a high value on loyalty and family ties. Trump might be a typical New Yorker with his rough language, but I like him even more now. He seems human and I think he really cares about our country. Obama and the Hildabeast were cold as ice. They seemed to care for no one but themselves and enriching themselves at our expense.

No matter what, Trump was and continues to be a better choice in my humble opinion.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Not unless he dumps that son-in-law. I think his Achilles heel is his loyalty. He needs to separate family and politics. I had read that he credited Kushner with some of the strategies that led to his election victories. But Kushner is not ready for prime time with his governmental knowledge.

This has to really hurt Trump, who obviously places a high value on loyalty and family ties. Trump might be a typical New Yorker with his rough language, but I like him even more now. He seems human and I think he really cares about our country. Obama and the Hildabeast were cold as ice. They seemed to care for no one but themselves and enriching themselves at our expense.

No matter what, Trump was and continues to be a better choice in my humble opinion.
    Agree w/the core of your judgement; yet remember the majority of people are concerned w/the daily lives
    of their families, not the blather of the DC cesspool. So negative headlines create an impression for them.

I don't think this is really all that big of a deal, and I am not a Trump supporter and never will be. Presidents endorse candidates that lose primaries all the time. From my understanding, Strange was a Trump supporter in the primaries in 2016, and his endorsement was more about reciprocated loyalty than about who was the most conservative.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think this is really all that big of a deal, and I am not a Trump supporter and never will be. Presidents endorse candidates that lose primaries all the time. From my understanding, Strange was a Trump supporter in the primaries in 2016, and his endorsement was more about reciprocated loyalty than about who was the most conservative.
    Not to be argumentative but For me, the Strange issue is parochial politics.
    Rather, my serious concern is Trump's inability to discern character in
    subordinates which, at it's core, rests on the vital trait of judgement.
    Consider a moment:
    We have an ominous situation on the Korean Peninsula where the North's
    Missile Batteries are within seconds of Seoul, a city of 10 million souls.
    We also have a critically disturbed person in charge there.
    Do Trump's military(and political) advisors have the judgement and
    temperament to deal decisively, effectively and w/finality; should a
    worse case scenario evolve, which is hardly out of the question???
    Based on his record of previous appointments, I'm hardly encouraged.

It may have been as simple as this:

Big Luther will be in the senate for the next three months. Trump will/should be able to count on his support for this interim. We have seen, every senate vote counts.

Yeah, the Strange-endorsement was a favor to McConnell in my opinion. No harm done. It looks like McConnell's being set-up for a no-confidence booting from his Majority Leader position.

Give him every chance... and if he keeps flubbing them, he's out.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Consider a moment:
    worse case scenario evolve, which is hardly out of the question???
    Based on his record of previous appointments, I'm hardly encouraged.
    .....neither am I encouraged by the Obama holdovers in the military.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Consider a moment:
    worse case scenario evolve, which is hardly out of the question???Based on his record of previous appointments, I'm hardly encouraged.
    Gee wouldn't it be great if we had Hillary?
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez