1. #1 Corker Announces Retirement, Will Not Run in 2018 
    Sen. Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) announced on Tuesday he will not run for reelection in 2018, confirming rumors that had swirled for months.

Corker, chairman of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee, made the decision after extensive consideration, the Tennessean reports.

"After much thought, consideration and family discussion over the past year, Elizabeth and I have decided that I will leave the United States Senate when my term expires at the end of 2018," Corker said in a statement. "When I ran for the Senate in 2006, I told people that I couldn't imagine serving for more than two terms. Understandably, as we have gained influence, that decision has become more difficult. But I have always been drawn to the citizen legislator model, and while I realize it is not for everyone, I believe with the kind of service I provide, it is the right one for me."

One instigator of Corker's choice was likely the threat of a primary challenger from his right. Conservative activist Andy Ogles had announced his intent; former state Rep. Joe Carr and state Sen. Mark Green have also considered contesting the senator.

Those primary challengers may have been motivated by Corker's public spat with President Donald Trump. The Tennessee senator publicly challenged Trump's "competence" in August, prompting the president to fire back in characteristic style on Twitter
    One less rat

http://freebeacon.com/politics/corker-retirement/

Rush summed-up Porker's decision pretty adroitly... The establishment would rather retire than work with Trump because the days of the personally-enriching sweetheart-deals are numbered. And the attitude of Republican-challengers is now Take No Prisoners.

So enough of the "Elizabeth and I" nonsense, Bob. We don't care what your wife's name is, even if we're supposed to know what her name is. That's annoying.

This will save the Republicans money in the primary---won't have the incumbent to go against and won't air as much dirty laundry in public. Glad that another RINO is "retiring". Good riddance. Perhaps if a few others go a few bills can get through that Senate. They should learn to check their egos at the door.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Now he is free to be an obstructionist without re-election consequences. I'm sure he has his golden parachute package tied up, all neat and tidy.

If he cared about Rs in TN he would resign in a few months and let the governor appoint a successor who would then have the boost of being an incumbent and, if (s)he won in 2018, an extra year of seniority. od"s belief that Corker will go McCain seems more likely.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!