1. #1 Fans Enraged By Packer’s Request to Join Anthem Demonstration, 
    Sports teams ask a lot of their fans, especially in places like Green Bay. Where, depending on the time of year, a fan could get hypothermia while just sitting in his seat. However, one recent request the team has made of the Pack faithful has left fans feeling a little hot.

The Packers players, led by their quarterback Aaron Rodgers, issued a call to their fans to join them in interlocking arms during the national anthem. However, some fans have not taken kindly to the request. According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers Director of Public Affairs, Aaron Popkey, says fan reaction has been intense.

“We’ve had a steady stream of feedback beginning Monday morning and it continued into Wednesday. We’ve heard on both sides of the matter. We take note of their concerns.”

The fact that Popkey alludes to the “concerns” of the fans, would certainly lead one to believe that the “steady stream” of fan feedback has definitely tacked more negative, than positive.
    Just a way of saying they agree with the protests without actually saying it while making the fans complicit.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...-want-part-it/

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I hope all of them are in the unemployment line soon but really stop and think about it none are qualified to do anything but play football, forget that meaningless diploma, home economics won't make you a million or two a month. Really that slug Vinnie Testicle that played quarterback for the Buccaneers years gone by, that was his major in College because his IQ was about one point below being an honorary Monkey.

They'll never get it. Some of the most ardent NFL fans aren't the ones that can afford to pay over a grand to sit down near the 50 yard line. They're the average blue collar types that make it paycheck to paycheck and are far more aware of how unfair and difficult life can be than someone that clears 700k at minimum. For us football was a chance to forget the troubles of the world for a few hours a week and they had to drag the world into the stadium and our living rooms.

As one of those people frankly I can't be bothered to give a damn about their problems. Their worst day would be a great one in my world.

Rodgers muffed the call.

I'm aware of the Packer-fan mentality and know it pretty well. But I still don't know how they'll react tonight. They're pro-Trump in a big way.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Rodgers muffed the call.

I'm aware of the Packer-fan mentality and know it pretty well. But I still don't know how they'll react tonight. They're pro-Trump in a big way.
    Wisconsin is an interesting state. Madison, parts of Milwaukee and LaCrosse are very liberal. But the rest is actually conservative.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    home economics won't make you a million or two a month.