1. #1 SLW/SR/DAT/Dan Doty, etc: STL baseball idiotic protests 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...furling-banner

Protesters display 'Stop Killing Us' banner at Cardinals stadium

Protesters upset with the acquittal of a white former police officer in the death of a black man unfurled a banner at the St. Louis Cardinals' home game against the Milwaukee Brewers that read: "Stop Killing Us."

The banner displayed Friday night over the railing in the left-field upper-deck seats had a Cardinals mascot drawn on it, with the redbird clutching a "Racism Lives Here" sign. The hashtag "#ExpectUs" was drawn on the mascot's jersey.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that demonstrators shouted, "No justice, no baseball!" Police eventually ushered the group out of the stadium.

Later, protesters marched to Broadway and Walnut, where a confrontation occurred between them and police. The newspaper reports that an officer was seen using a stun gun on one protester. It wasn't immediately clear what prompted it.

According to the newspaper, police said at least two arrests were made.

Demonstrations have been occurring in the city since Sept. 15, when former officer Jason Stockley was acquitted of first-degree murder in the fatal 2011 shooting of Anthony Lamar Smith, a drug suspect.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I don't like going up into the city, haven't been there for years.

Most of the decent people live in Saint Louis County , not the city ( which is its own county ).
    Too much crime , too many ignorant assholes , they charge to much in those corner stores and the you smell the whole city decaying as you drive in on Hwy 55.

Almost everyone I knew who lived there has been robbed ( car and home ).

SJWs and other assorted jackoffs live in South Saint Louis ; they say they're one with the working class , but they hold them in contempt. And they come two types most of the time , trust fund brats with meaningless college degrees and worthless semi homeless stoners who want to crash at your house and stay drunk on your coach for as long as they can get away with it.

No , I don't go up to the city. Some stuck up jerk once asked me why I don't live in the city. I told him because if I wanted to live in a shithole , I'd just move into the basement of a port-a- potty.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I don't like going up into the city, haven't been there for years.

Most of the decent people live in Saint Louis County , not the city ( which is its own county ).
    Too much crime , too many ignorant assholes , they charge to much in those corner stores and the you smell the whole city decaying as you drive in on Hwy 55.

Almost everyone I knew who lived there has been robbed ( car and home ).

SJWs and other assorted jackoffs live in South Saint Louis ; they say they're one with the working class , but they hold them in contempt. And they come two types most of the time , trust fund brats with meaningless college degrees and worthless semi homeless stoners who want to crash at your house and stay drunk on your coach for as long as they can get away with it.

No , I don't go up to the city. Some stuck up jerk once asked me why I don't live in the city. I told him because if I wanted to live in a shithole , I'd just move into the basement of a port-a- potty.
    Didn't mean to lump you in, but thought you were still in MO, so a story of interest.

Former Mrs. Wiggum lived in STL when we met, so got familiar with the area. But you pretty much nailed the description.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Didn't mean to lump you in, but thought you were still in MO, so a story of interest.

Former Mrs. Wiggum lived in STL when we met, so got familiar with the area. But you pretty much nailed the description.
    I'm still in MO.

Saint Louis isn't the whole of Missouri; I live 35 miles south of the city.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You tell em Dan!!!

We do not go into the city either.
    We are west of it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    A stuck up relative asked me recently why I wouldn't go into the city. She couldn't believe why we won't go into the city to eat at the "trendy" restaurants. I told her I don't do trendy, especially when we could be mugged returning to the car.

I'm so glad that I'm no longer working in the city. My office was within the city's border. I was so thrilled when they gave me a cubicle by the window. Then I wasn't so thrilled when I saw the bullet holes in the glass in the central part of the building. Maybe they were trying to tell me something.

If you go by the population figures of the City of St Louis, we're a very small town. The metro area gives a totally different viewpoint. Most of the population has moved either farther west or way further south. The South St Louis (city) used to be a great neighborhood, full of people so clean they were noted for literally scrubbing their sidewalks and cleaning the gutters in front of their houses. Now there's almost as much crime as in North St Louis, where the gangs hang out.

If things keep getting worse, the builders will be building those new subdivisions so far west that we'll be near Kansas City before it's through.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

It's a three hour trip to get there for me. And I haven't had a reason to go for several years.

I don't really enjoy public sporting events, the traffic in and out is very nerve-wracking, being defenseless in a huge crowd of people with a fair salting of serious criminals, gangbangers, and drunks/nutcases who get violent about sports fandom puts me on edge, and the price of admission, a drink, and a hot dog pisses me off. A movie is about my limit for what I find enjoyable in public events.

Of course the die-hard Card fans might just as well have hung a banner about 'Stop killing us' late this season themselves, which would have nothing to do with race or social justice bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    It's a three hour trip to get there for me. And I haven't had a reason to go for several years.

I don't really enjoy public sporting events, the traffic in and out is very nerve-wracking, being defenseless in a huge crowd of people with a fair salting of serious criminals, gangbangers, and drunks/nutcases who get violent about sports fandom puts me on edge, and the price of admission, a drink, and a hot dog pisses me off. A movie is about my limit for what I find enjoyable in public events.

Of course the die-hard Card fans might just as well have hung a banner about 'Stop killing us' late this season themselves, which would have nothing to do with race or social justice bullcrap.
    I love going to Cardinal games, but haven't been there for some time. After a guy was shot and paralyzed by a shooter in one of the closer to the stadium parking lots, I've not been that anxious to go. My company used to sponsor customer appreciation days, with food and drinks in one of the stadium boxes. I'd go, but I'd be frightened to go out in that parking lot at night by myself.

We've been spoiled in St Louis by the Cards. They've done a whole lot of winning, but last year and this haven't been stellar. Sad. I must be a fickle fan---like them more when they're winning. It's just like SR teases me, only like the stock market when it's going up.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"