1. #1 No sales tax, no income tax. The state pays you! 
    ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Nearly every Alaskan woke up $1,100 richer Thursday, thanks to this year's payout from the state's oil wealth investment fund.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/o...und-distribut/
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Lock the Fire Water Cabinet, those Eskimos will be whooping it up good ! it was once a state law that forbid them from buying alcohol or anyone giving them alcohol, they go raving mad and that was in the late 50s early 60s this was still on the books. I would think the law was finally thrown out once Alaska became a state.

Alaska would be very appealing tax-wise as a place of residence if it weren't so darned cold. SR doesn't even want to go there in the summer. I'd love to see it, but don't think I'll have any luck persuading him. Besides, we can't find a dog sitter for our crazy little rescue dog, the rat terrier. She's very sweet, but very squirrely in her behavior. So our only vacations will probably be places where the dogs can go, too. Sigh.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Alaska would be very appealing tax-wise as a place of residence if it weren't so darned cold. SR doesn't even want to go there in the summer. I'd love to see it, but don't think I'll have any luck persuading him. Besides, we can't find a dog sitter for our crazy little rescue dog, the rat terrier. She's very sweet, but very squirrely in her behavior. So our only vacations will probably be places where the dogs can go, too. Sigh.
    It's a great place to be a tourist but you gotta be careful about the wildlife. The mosquitoes look and feel like hawks!

Learned some disappointing things about bald eagles and some fantastic things about the Amerindians.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi