1. #1 A gay coffee shop owner kicked out religious mouth-breathers & conservatives are outr 
    link

Liberal double standards....

DonViejo (32,418 posts)

A gay coffee shop owner kicked out religious mouth-breathers & conservatives are outraged

By Alex Bollinger · Monday, October 9, 2017

Right wing blogs are enraged that a gay coffee shop owner kicked out a group of anti-choice religious nutjobs. The group was handing out pamphlets in Seattle that called abortion sinful and showed an image of bloody hands and rainbows. They took a break at Bedlam Coffee and went to the upstairs seating area.

At some point, the owner of the coffee shop, Ben Borgman, went upstairs with one of the pamphlets and asked the activists to leave. They asked why they were being told to leave, and he pointed to one of the pamphlets and said, “This is offensive to me.”

A heated discussion ensued that was recorded and posted on Facebook by the anti-choice group Abolish Human Abortion. Borgman is agitated, telling the activists to “shut up” and leave.

One of the activists tells him that she tolerates his presence (so he has to tolerate everything she does?), to which he responded, “If I go get my boyfriend and fuck him in the ass right here you’re going to tolerate that? Are you going to tolerate it?”

more
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/10/...ives-outraged/
    Note that they were not putting pamphlets in the coffee shop or talking to anyone in the coffee shop about abortion OR Christianity.
    muntrv (11,208 posts)

1. So much for private property rights.

Doreen (4,960 posts)

2. Yup, they expect to be allowed to be prejudice against others

but others not be allowed to be like that to them. The restaurant owner would have been kicked out of their business so why the hell not the other way?
    And the "property rights" of bakers who have no problem employing homosexuals or serving them in their bakery but declines to bake them a same sex wedding cake? Here he kicked them out BECAUSE they were Christians and he disagreed with their view in abortion.

Downtown Hound (9,437 posts)

3. I see, only they should have the right to refuse service to people they don't agree with

Got it.
    BillyBobBrilliant (118 posts)

6. All the coffee shop owner had to say was:

"It is contrary to my STRONGLY HELD BELIEFS to serve someone with YOUR lifestyle."
    Game over.
    They really should file a lawsuit. It's illegal to kick them out for the reason he did. Assh*les need to be forced to live by the same rules they impose and force on others.

Here's the name of the place:

niyad (59,461 posts)

10. here you go":

Bedlam Coffee
    2.9427 Google reviews
    $ · Coffee Shop
    Coffee, tea, flavored toasts & desserts are served in a colorful room with mismatched chairs.
    Address: 2231 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121
    Hours: Open today · 6AM–10PM

Menu: places.singleplatform.com
    Phone: (206) 321-2222
    Suggest an edit
    mreilly (1,813 posts)

16. Oh, but what about "private enterprises can do as they like?"

... or does that only apply to bigots who refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples?

The hypocrisy never stops with these people. It is endless. It is eternal. It. Never. Stops.
    nocalflea (760 posts)

17. Gotta wonder if they set the owner up.

They love to flip the script.

Intolerant libs
    Racist libs
    Violent libs
    I doubt they did, but if I think Christians should inundate his shop. Be polite, but make sure he either serves them or faces legal consequences for not doing so.

Here's the story. A group of Christians had been handing out leaflets in a part of Seattle. Afterward, some of the Christians went into a nearby coffee shop. They ordered and received their coffee and then went to an upstairs area to relax. One of the workers, who is gay, told the owner, who is gay, who these customers were. One of the workers or the owner obtained one of the leaflets and went upstairs to kick the Christians out. When they asked the question any normal person would, "Why?' the owner chose to get ugly and argue.

Do I think the owner was within his rights to do all that? Yes, I do. Do I think the Christian owner of a bakery or a florist shop or a Christian photographer has the same right to decline to provide their service for a same-sex wedding? Yes, I do. But DU-folk and similarly minded Libs & Progs would disagree with the latter. For them their only standards are double.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

mreilly (1,813 posts)

16. Oh, but what about "private enterprises can do as they like?"

... or does that only apply to bigots who refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples?

The hypocrisy never stops with these people. It is endless. It is eternal. It. Never. Stops.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the irony in this post.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

The bakeries in question were sued , then by their standard the coffee shop should be sued / fined.

Like always they can't live by the same standards they set for everyone else.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I don't have any problem frequenting a gay-owned business, one of my favorite restaurants from my old neighborhood in Detroit was gay owned and had really great Italian food. Plus that was in the day when you could still smoke in restaurants and the waiters would light my cigarettes for me. Halloween dinner there was always fun.

But I would not want to eat in the establishment of some idiot who talks with as foul of a mouth as his.

And, although I support the owner's right to be gay and to be in a relationship with another man, I would walk out if he and his partner started having sex in front of me. I would do the same if it was a hetero couple. No one wants to see people having sex at the coffee shop in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    But I would not want to eat in the establishment of some idiot who talks with as foul of a mouth as his.
    Nor would I. I think if this goes viral it could get interesting. Will people avoid his place, for obvious reasons? Will gays and like-minded people rally to him, CfA-style? If I were a banker holding loans on his shop I would be worried.

Maybe I frequent the wrong sorts of places, but I have not seen the kind of outrage DU-folk claim. I've seen lots of mockery of the hypocrisy of Libs/Progs celebrating this character while cheering on legal assaults against Christian business owners. But that isn't what DU-folk are talking about (probably don't want to).

Right wing blogs are enraged that a gay coffee shop owner kicked out a group of anti-choice religious nutjobs.
    interesting how being pro life is considered anti choice to the left.

Any why would a gay person be so passionate about abortion. IT's not like they will ever need one...
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    interesting how being pro life is considered anti choice to the left.

Any why would a gay person be so passionate about abortion. IT's not like they will ever need one...
    Hatred for theologically conservative Christians, probably.