Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What the players and the owners and the league have forgotten is that this profession is completely based on fan support.
    Exactly, great point!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It can't be soccer!!! There are studies about the effects of heading those soccer balls. My grandson would be happy if soccer were more popular. He's 8 and really good. The little 7 year old granddaughter's soccer team won 6-0 on Sunday. She scored 3 of the goals herself. It was raining, but that didn't stop those little girls. St Louis is a big soccer town.
    It's great watching kids play soccer!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction.

The players will make a large group "Protest" to test the owner's resolve in this.

Will be interesting to see if the owners will stand with this or buckle.
    Some of the owners are big Libs and might let their stupid ideology trump their economic sense, hard to say. Most of them would follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm confused because now Europe is getting more middle eastern.

They play soccer, too.

I had a teacher in 5th grade who was from Hungary, he escaped under the Iron Curtain with his family. Soccer was his thing. If we got out of hand in class, he would just take us out to the playground and make us play soccer until we got rid of our excess energy. Girls and boys can play together in a recreational sense, so it's a practical sport for school.

Everyone seems to forget it's not about what the players or owners want. It's about what the fans are willing to tolerate. No fan support, no professional football.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They play soccer, too.

I had a teacher in 5th grade who was from Hungary, he escaped under the Iron Curtain with his family. Soccer was his thing. If we got out of hand in class, he would just take us out to the playground and make us play soccer until we got rid of our excess energy. Girls and boys can play together in a recreational sense, so it's a practical sport for school.
    In middle school we had a teacher from Germany that pretty much introduced organized soccer to our little part of the Midwest. He was a great guy and a great social studies teacher.

I went to a private high school that had soccer rather then football as the equipment and liability was less expensive.