Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    So why didn't Angelina Jolie or some of the others say something earlier?

Polanski was foul. I don't think he deserves a break because he was a Holocaust survivor. I would think that he would be shunned by others who survived that. He should have been grateful to God that he survived.

I don't think he should get a break for being a holocaust survivor, but I think a lot of people in Hollywood use that to justify doing so. I sometimes do wonder, however, what kind of evil came into his life through the combination of the horror movies he made early in his career (Rosemary's Baby comes to mind) and the horrific murders of his wife and friends by the Manson cult. Not excusing anything, just wondering about it.

I think that even established women, or women whose fathers were Hollywood fixtures, were still afraid for their careers and that's why they didn't come forward earlier. A number of the women who are complaining about Weinstein now had fathers who were actors-Angelina Jolie, Gwynneth Paltrow, Mia Sorvino, Amber Tamblyn-they might have been afraid of the impact a complaint would make not just on their careers, but on their dad or other relatives' careers.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The shit is really hitting the fan for poor
    old Harvey.

I think the odds are better than 50/50 that
    Harvey has an "accident".

Any number of ways for a suicide, "trips" and
    falls down some stairs, the old reliable heart attack,
    etc.,etc. I think Harvey won't be breathing
    much longer. We'll see.
    May the FORCE be with you!