1. #1 Kelly and Mattis discussed literally tackling Trump in the event he lunges for the nu 
    link

What idiots.

steve2470 (32,306 posts)

Kelly and Mattis discussed literally tackling Trump in the event he lunges for the nuclear football

Raw Story‏Verified account @RawStory

Kelly and Mattis discussed literally tackling Trump in the event he ‘lunges for the nuclear football’: report

5:43 PM - 10 Oct 2017

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/kel...otball-report/
    Kelly and Mattis discussed literally tackling Trump in the event he ‘lunges for the nuclear football’: report

New York Magazine contributing editor Gabriel Sherman on Tuesday reported on a remarkable conversation he had with a senior Republican official, who described conversations Donald Trump’s chief of staff Gen. John Kelly and defense secretary James Mattis have had about “physically [restraining] the president” in the event he “[lunges] for the nuclear football.”

Sherman was discussing the growing concern in the West Wing over Trump’s temperament, particularly as the president continues to escalate feuds with prominent Republicans like Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) while simultaneously setting the United States “on the path to World War III.”

“A conversation I had with a very prominent Republican today, who literally was saying that they imagine Gen. Kelly and Secretary Mattis have had conversations that if Trump lunged for the nuclear football, what would they do?” Sherman told NBC’s Chris Hayes. “Would they tackle him? I mean literally, physically restrain him from putting the country at perilous risk.”

“That is the kind of situation we’re in,” Sherman added.
    steve2470 (32,306 posts)

2. holy shite this stuff goes from being Grade A insanity to off-the-charts insanity

Someone wake me up when the nightmare is over, please!!
    ecstatic (22,350 posts)

3. Congress? This is NOT OK!

DO YOUR GODDAMN JOBS!! WTF????!!! What if they're in the bathroom when he lunges. This is crazy!
    People are so stupid to believe this. They are so hate filled that they believe anything.

BigmanPigman (5,794 posts)

4. And what do they plan to do if/when he does it at 3AM and they, or anyone else that is sane

and strong enough to stop him, is NOT at his side!? Some plan!
    former9thward (18,755 posts)

6. These reports are so phony and silly.

No one can "lunge" at the so-called nuclear football. The process doesn't work that way in the remotest. It would make as much sense to say someone would lunge at a book. People have been watching too many scifi films and then then base their reporting on that. There is no "button" folks. Implying there is shows the story is made up.
    Kingofalldems (25,272 posts)

9. Got proof of that?

former9thward (18,755 posts)

10. Proof of what?

That a made up story is made up? Why don't you prove it happened? (With an actual source instead of the "imagined" conversation in the story.) Do you eve know what the nuclear football is and what its purpose is? If you did you would know how silly the story is. Not that it would matter..
    brer cat (9,481 posts)

11. Very misleading headline.

"...they imagine Gen. Kelly and Secretary Mattis have had conversations that if Trump lunged for the nuclear football, what would they do?”

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As long as it's anti-Trump, DUmmies believe it.

Morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

“A conversation I had with a very prominent Republican today, who literally was saying that they imagine Gen. Kelly and Secretary Mattis have had conversations that if Trump lunged for the nuclear football, what would they do?” Sherman told NBC’s Chris Hayes. “Would they tackle him? I mean literally, physically restrain him from putting the country at perilous risk.”
    So, Kelly and Mattis never said that at all, it was all just some unnamed 'Prominent Republican' never-Trumper blowing smoke up the ass of Chris Hayes.

I'm headed over to DU. I have some anti-Trump bridges in England to sell them.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this! It's like RawStory, PalmerReport, Louise Mensch, and Claude Taylor merged and had a party serving Korova Edibles.

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!