1. #1 Our Nation Is Trash 
    link

angrychair (4,521 posts)

Our Nation Is Trash

Police have arrested DeAndre Harris, the victim of the parking garage attack at the last Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Va. on felony assault charges because a Nazi scumbag said he attacked him before that incident happened.

What the fuck kind of world do we live in when the we let Nazi scumbags file charges against their victims.

Seriously, our nation is shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...c99_story.html
    I don't know who is to blame, however there is something wrong with the idea that violence is accepted if it is against a supposed "Nazi". Many of the counter protesters were not there to peacefully protest.

DUers aren't shy about "hating" the US,

jambo101 (706 posts)

2. As a Canadian i no longer visit the USA

Theres something wrong with America,the country is a seething cauldron of hate ,i used to enjoy crossing the border for long weekends stateside now i just spend my time and money exploring more of Canada.
    USA? Been there done that.
    The "seething cauldron of hate" is from the left.

defacto7 (8,573 posts)

6. I don't blame you. If I didn't live here

I wouldn't visit here either.
    cilla4progress (7,989 posts)

8. I don't blame you either

Frankly, I hate it here and I'm sorry to the rest of the world for what we have become. It's been a long time coming.

I'm afraid we are suffering karma, for what we did in Vietnam, to indigenous peoples, African Americans, and many many others.
    OBenario4 (220 posts)

3. And some people still insist that "there is no conservative wave"...

I'm afraid they'll only wake up at the concentration camps...
    bluepen (410 posts)

5. This is the video they used.

To see the video go to DU

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well angrychair, you certainly have a choice if
    you hate America so much.

There are many "Peoples Garden Spots" you can
    move to like Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, N.Korea etc.!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

angrychair (4,521 posts)

Our Nation Is Trash

Police have arrested DeAndre Harris, the victim of the parking garage attack at the last Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Va. on felony assault charges because a Nazi scumbag said he attacked him before that incident happened.
    Unlike that other DU thread OP, "angrychair" omits the fact that the police apparently have video that shows Harris was stupid enough to have attacked the group first. IOW, Harris will be prosecuted for his assault, and members of the group will be prosecuted for go beyond proportional self-defense. There was a whole lot of stupidity going on that day, and I have no problem with the lot of them being prosecuted.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Talk about calling a dog a cat these people are just simple anarchist which shows in their writings. If you have a forum and it restricts what you say when you disagree it isn't much of a forum. I guess you can pretty much say all of them that do post there are one in the same and crazy. To read all their rants isn't public opinion at all but just rants from a group of hateful people. I guess that's a good thing to keep them all in one spot so they can be watched, plus all that writing eats up a lot of their time they might otherwise use to make trouble.

There was a whole lot of stupidity going on that day, and I have no problem with the lot of them being prosecuted.
    Agreed.

Additionally this meme that speech that someone or some group doesn't agree with is "hate speech" and is "violence" that gives the green light to be physically violent back needs to be quashed. It is nothing but thuggery with a air or entitlement.