Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Trump scores a win in the culture war 
    NFL caves....

Concerned about backlash from fans, Goodell sent a letter Tuesday to all 32 team owners asking them to support a plan to “move past this controversy” and ensure that players stand during the anthem “to honor our flag and our country.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tru...tandhp&ffid=gz

It's not going to stop the players from kneeling.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    if that's the case, then it's not going to stop the nfl ratings from continuing to drop.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The nfl has already shown it's true colors and will never get back the people it lost and still losing each game. I know a lot of people my age and they all have turned them off, so I know this is not a small matter and only a handful of people, we are talking hundreds of thousand of fans and they can get the feedback from the cable companies who have been refunding money to customers who refuse to watch the trash. So it's real and it's here regardless of that false media claim it isn't, those players are just bone heads anyway but it's the loser pre game show host that I really dislike, people like that dumb ass Bradshaw, that's one idiot who has to be the dumbest brain dead ex player ever, and he wasn't even man enough to support our anthem or flag but sided with those other idiots he has surrounded himself with. They all can go to hell

I haven't watched a game all season. I might follow along with the scores and stuff because of my fantasy team but I haven't been watching. To be honest, I've kind of drifted away from sports in general which is something if you actually knew me. I used to never miss a game in any sport but now, my participation is rather spotty. As for these protests, we don't even have hockey to fall back on as some of the scant few black players are holding up the black power sign.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The Miami Line Coach resigned the other day after being caught on a video in social media snorting cocaine. Media has been kind to him and said "a white substance" not all purpose flour I'm sure and he said himself it was cocaine. I wonder how many others are doing the same thing in the nfl. Not a clean organization by any stretch of the imagination. Is it any wonder they have no respect for the anthem or the flag, hell they have no respect for themselves or their families, a grown man at his age snorting cocaine is really a low character and not worthy of being called a leader. You would think management people doing the hiring would at least have the ability to know who they hire and choose for their organizations. Or do they ?

Is it any wonder they have no respect for the anthem or the flag, hell they have no respect for themselves or their families, a grown man at his age snorting cocaine is really a low character and not worthy of being called a leader.

American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well it's just like any other job, if you don't do as your employer wishes, you might not have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    if that's the case, then it's not going to stop the nfl ratings from continuing to drop.
    True

That Miami coach was really stupid, first for doing coke and second for losing a job that paid over $2m a year. I read that he was the highest paid coach in his category (OK, so I'm not a football fan)--not a head coach. I hope he really enjoyed that snort as it cost him.

Agree that the NFL will probably never get many of the fans back. Their management is really dumb. I doubt if many of the snowflakes, SJW's or super libs watch those games. They've alienated their core base, folks who just wanted to watch a good sports event, not participate in those black lives matter fist in the air or that kneeling.

I suspect the NHL will benefit from this.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"