1. #1 How do we get Congress to do their damn job - 25th Amendment? 
    link

nini (14,565 posts)

How do we get Congress to do their damn job - 25th Amendment?

Public shaming? Screaming? Calls all day long?

I don't get this. How far are they going to allow this to go?
    LOL. Liberals seem to think that if a President doesn't do things THEIR way then they are entitled to not only demand he be removed but see to it that he is. Then they have hissy fits when it doesn't work that way.
    shraby (19,290 posts)

1. It's difficult to get the pin-heads to do anything that would help THIS country
    Zoonart (1,715 posts)

3. Massive numbers on the mall.

I'm not talking about a march... I'm talking an occupation. If we do nothing to truly challenge them... they will know we are going to roll over.
    The revolution cannot be tweeted. Passive resistance in person in large numbers is a start... after that a national strike would be in order.
    But these mass actions require leadership. Has anyone emerged nationally as a leader or leaders of the resistance?
    Where are the planning committees?

It really surprises me that in atmosphere so ripe for change within the Democratic party, no one has come forward to get in front of the resistance parade.
    There is a major political opportunity here and yet no takers.
    People are beginning to step up on the Republican side, like Corker and, of course there is never a shortage of ambitious crazy people in the GOP, but Democrats...seem to be sleep walking.

onenote (28,972 posts)

8. Not. Going. To. Happen.

For one thing, it's not just Congress' job. it requires the VP's express support. Go ahead and scream, call, do whatever you want. If you think Pence is going to support invoking the 25th amendment you need to take a moment and get back in touch with reality.
    nini (14,565 posts)

12. I'm based in reality

Sorry if I'm too fucking pissed off right now to be rational enough for you.

onenote (28,972 posts)

14. I'm pissed off too. But it helps to understand the 25th amendment

And once one understands it, it's abundantly clear that it's never going to be used against Trump.

They can just keep on spreading the hate. The more they do so the more people see it and are turned off by Democrats and their baseless accusations and hate.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Yes and they forget when they are in power that both houses are to apply all laws and constitution and represent all of America, not just the people that might have voted for them. They are the leaders in division of the nation so now they can reap what they sowed .. So funny how they recognize all the bad they did for 8 years as good, the entire world suffered and knows the truth but yet these yoyo's haven't a clue.

nini (14,565 posts)

How do we get Congress to do their damn job - 25th Amendment?
    Trump Won. Get over it.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM