1. #1 Trump will become first president to speak at hate group gathering 
    link

Liberals do themselves no favors when they call everyone who has conservative beliefs and values a "hater". It's a good way to alienate large groups of people. But then they seem to think that no matter what they say or how they treat others that they will "win". This, despite all their losses over the past 7 years.

DonViejo (32,522 posts)
    Trump will become first president to speak at hate group gathering

Source: LGBTQNation

By Bil Browning · Wednesday, October 11, 2017

President Trump will address the Values Voters Summit in Washington, DC on Friday, becoming the first president to address the gathering of white supremacists, far right activists and religious zealots.

Trump will share the stage with former Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson who has said he wants to “rid the Earth” of “wicked” gays. Also appearing will be Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has said he doesn’t know whether or not gays and lesbians should be put to death and was recently removed as a state supreme court justice for instructing state employees to ignore the US Supreme Court ruling in favor of marriage equality.

Also appearing will be House Minority Whip Steve Scalise who was recently wounded in a mass shooting in DC. Scalise’s life was saved by a lesbian police officer who shot and killed the attacker. Scalise has said the incident did not change his mind about gun control or LGBT rights. Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, touted Trump’s appearance in a press release, saying, “Last year, he spoke to the Values Voter Summit as a candidate — this year, it will be as the 45th President of the United States. Today we have confirmation from the White House that President Donald Trump will speak to the VVS crowd this Friday morning.”

Craigslist ads for anonymous hookups near the summit’s host hotel always go up dramatically while it is happening. Grindr is also suddenly full of headless torsos of “masculine” men looking for “whites only” near the hotel.

###

Read more: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/10/...roup-gathering
    Matthew28 (825 posts)

2. This bastard is

the worse thing to happen to human freedom in America in a very long time. Sad.
    YOHABLO (3,897 posts)

4. "Values Voters"? Who's values? These people are lowlifes.
    How DARE someone express values inconsistent with liberalism.
    Kittycow (863 posts)

5. I can't believe my eyes...

But I say that so very frequently now.
    global1 (16,985 posts)

6. Is This A Joke? Is This From The Onion?.....nt
    Arkansas Granny (20,275 posts)

8. Trump and his ilk have abandoned the dog whistles in favor of bull horns.

Just when you think they can't go much lower, they find new depths to plumb.
    Idiots think everyone has to accept, respect and celebrate their beliefs and lifestyles, but they don't do the same to others. After demanding respect and same sex marriage they make it clear that they don't respect Christians right to disagree with their lifestyle.

Moral Compass (424 posts)

13. Very sad

The Trump thinks that this gathering of wackos is his comfort zone is truly sad. He’s addicted to the adulation that he’ll receive. He fails to take into account that the values of these people express our antithetical to anything that we American republic is about.

Trump is for all intents and purposes a nihilist. He is not the only Republican that is a nihilist. Many names spring to mind… Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Scalise, Ron Johnson, Sam Johnson (my representative), Ted Cruz.... oh hell, maybe the entire house and most of the Republican Senate.

This is just one step short of going to a clan rally. It is amazing to me how far we have fallen and how fast.

But the truth is that this is been building up since the Nixon White House. We’ve always had these amoral zealots out there that would probably sell their own grandmother for pocket money. But definitely have always been racist, anti-immigrant, anti-poor.

I just never expected to see them running the entire country.
    lunatica (34,423 posts)

18. Scalise threw away his chance at humanity

What a pig.

Trump and his people simply fail as human beings.
    yuiyoshida (23,523 posts)

22. The DONALD is begging for that Nazi Salute...

and to reveal more state secrets to the Russians.
    SergeStorms (1,534 posts)

26. Good lord.

What a line-up for that shindig!
    Trump
    Duck Dynasty
    Roy Moore
    Scalise

And those people are touted as "Values Voters"?

What sort of "values" are they promoting? Hate? Low IQ? Nuttiness? Low information?

Up is down, black is white, in is out, bad is good, thick is thin......the list is endless. I wouldn't trust one of them to tell me the correct time.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    ***sigh***

May the FORCE be with you!

If Phil Robertson did really say he would like to rid the Earth of wicked gays, that's pretty hateful. If Roy Moore said what they claimed he said- he "doesn't know whether or not gays should be put to death", that's pretty hateful, too.

I don't think Scalise and Perkins are saying that they think gay people should be killed for being gay. They have religious and political opposition to gay marriage. I know not all liberals can differentiate between those two things, but I can.

Which President was the first to speak with the Congressional Black Caucus? That person would be the first President to speak to a hate group.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If Phil Robertson did really say he would like to rid the Earth of wicked gays, that's pretty hateful. If Roy Moore said what they claimed he said- he "doesn't know whether or not gays should be put to death", that's pretty hateful, too.

I don't think Scalise and Perkins are saying that they think gay people should be killed for being gay. They have religious and political opposition to gay marriage. I know not all liberals can differentiate between those two things, but I can.
    nw, these are the kind of people who tried to boycott Chick-fil-A as "homophobic" because Truett Cathy said he didn't support same-sex marriage. So without videos of Scalise, Perkins, Robertson, and Moore I believe they're lying to incite violence and raise funds. Just as the SPLC has for a decade or two.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Which President was the first to speak with the Congressional Black Caucus? That person would be the first President to speak to a hate group.

Which President invited members of the BLM movement to the White House....

The same BLM movement who were calling for death to Law Enforcement...
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    ***sigh***

And the left thinks they are winning on this identity politics crap and can't figure out why they keep losing elections, BHO in '08 & '12 as the exceptions.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Which President invited members of the BLM movement to the White House....

The same BLM movement who were calling for death to Law Enforcement...
    Which President first spoke to the NAACP, after they morphed into a hate group? Carter?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!