Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Silence 'deafening' over murder by homosexual 
    A pro-family activist is questioning why there is no outrage over the murder of a college student by a homosexual.

On November 21, William Smithson, 43, of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was sentenced to life in prison for the September 2006 strangulation murder of 23-year-old Jason Shephard. Smithson, a homosexual, murdered Shephard after slipping him GHB, a date rape drug, then hid the body in the basement of his home.

Diane Gramley, president of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania, says it is ironic that homosexuals used the murder ten years ago of Matthew Shepherd to push for hate crimes laws -- yet remain largely silent about the murder of Jason Shephard.

"[It's] a true double standard, because Jason Shephard's murder has been under the radar screen -- and basically, unless you're in Pennsylvania monitoring this kind of stuff, you don't hear about it," says Gramley. "But Matthew Shepherd? Everyone in the country knows who Matthew Shepherd is."

Gramley points out homosexual activists claim Matthew Shepherd was targeted because he was homosexual. But ABC News later revealed that Matthew Shepherd was the victim of a botched robbery -- a finding the media has largely ignored.

The Pennsylvania activist wonders where the outrage is from homosexuals over the 2006 murder. In a press release, she describes the silence from that community as "deafening."
    The whole story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is an incredibly sad case. The trial just concluded. I was surprised the death penalty wasn't imposed.

Banned
    Look up the Carr Brothers from Kansas and then ask yourself if there is bias protecting certain cultural groups.

Maybe a man drugging, raping and killing someone of any gender who doesn't want to have sex with him isn't exactly a new story. The only difference between the ordinary cases is that the victim in this case is a man.

Now if it was a lesbian killer, that'd be news, just like pregnant victims are generally national news.

People, people, people. How many times must we go over this? White, straight men can, in no circumstances, be the victim of anything, ever. We are ALWAYS the bad guy.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Except in Baltimore. They did a study over the course of a year on all the murders committed there and they had over 300, if I remember. There was a lot of black killing black. There was alot of black killing white. They found not a single instance, not one of a white killing a black.

Banned
    Seriously, is there some secret orginization that tracks and stalks every gay person to watch for any misdeeds? Then when ever a homosexual is involved in a crime they can circulate the story in the press so that we're all reminded how scary they are... and how hypocritical everyone is who doesnt immediately jump up with indignation and condemnation.. even though they may have never heard the story...
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-03-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Seriously, is there some secret orginization that tracks and stalks every gay person to watch for any misdeeds? Then when ever a homosexual is involved in a crime they can circulate the story in the press so that we're all reminded how scary they are... and how hypocritical everyone is who doesnt immediately jump up with indignation and condemnation.. even though they may have never heard the story...
    Yeah, it's our answer to your people. You know the ones who jump up and claim every white person who assaults a non white person is racially motivated, every straight person who assaults a homo is hate related. That fire is alot hotter at the other end of torch, ain't it?

Wilbur, you're a pretty smart fella. I know you can see the hypocrisy in this.
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 12-03-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    So there is hypocrisy in pointing out that some cultural groups do not receive the same media coverage as other cultural groups... that is an interesting point of view.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Becasue the positive image of homosexuality must under no circumstances become tarnished.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over