Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Why is Lacey/Stacy Peterson, Natalie Holloway, Matthew Shepard, That American Idol chick's family, etc, etc. newsworthy? Murders and crimes affecting only local people should be reported locally. My opinion is that, in reality, there's really not enough bad news to support a 24 hour news cycle, so the media just makes it jucier. You know race, religion, sexual orientation, adulterous husband, high school senior, etc.
    <applause>

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You might want to ask the progressives who've made every opportunity to make being gay a unique newsworhty topic why this is considered news. They've kinda been responsible.

Even if every place in America was gay friendly, I would not wish anyone to be so. This is not the same thing as being left or right handed. I open to hearing how it is.
    Most of the gay people I respect are the ones that focused on their individual strengths and not their sexuality. Those who kept it fairly quiet and not a public matter.

Alan Bloom, Justin Raimondo, and Freddie Mercury come to mind.

Freddie Mercury? Come on, lead singer for a band named Queen?:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Freddie Mercury? Come on, lead singer for a band named Queen?:D
    Yeah...everyone knew he was gay, but he kept his private life pretty quiet during their heyday.
    It was pretty obvious wasn't it? :p
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Most gay people I know really wouldnt want any of their kids or family to be gay if they had the choice... because of the society that 'good traditional morals' has created. It isnt exactly gay friendly, despite what the 'defenders of good traditional morals' might say.

If I had kids, I wouldn't want them to be gay in this place either, but not because theres anything wrong with it. The problem is with the people who think they are the guardians of morality (read: bronze age superstitions) who foster the hostile environment.

Really, why is this murder news, out of the thousands that happen every year involving date rape? Because the culprit was gay? Who cares? Why, of all things, is anyone calling for what would surely be a tabloid media circus around another murder? Personally, I would rather the press spent a little less time being police report dispensers and super tabloid media frenzy generators.

And honestly.... there is a whole industry of right wing geared media that does nothing but dispense horror stories every time a homosexual looks askance at someone else... so lets not pretend no one is paying attention to these little stories. I get picked on sometimes for posting in all the gay related threads, but look where the stories are all coming from! Endless supplies of bigoted worldview reinforcing anecdotes circulate these networks... just what the doctor ordered to put a stop to any doubts that might creep inside ones head.. God forbid one might entertain the notion that the moral defenders just might have it wrong. The 'mainstream' media may have their pathologies oriented a little differently... but these nonsense stories filled with righteous indignation that get posted in thread after thread (megs) is the flip side of the same coin. I see no reason to encourage any of it.
    Why does any murder appear as national news when murder is so common today? Why did the Matthew Shepperd murder get the media coverage it did but the guy next door who murders his wife doesn't even make the second page of the local paper?

BTW what his the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a homosexual looks askance at someone else? Some examples would be nice. Not examples of the stories but of this whole industry you refer to.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Why is it that we MUST change the way we live, think, act, marry, ect.... for 1% of the population?? I won't even touch the fact that we HAD to endanger ourselves with a head-in-the-sand mentality towards AIDS because it affected a particular "group".

There were and are reasons why society shuns this activity.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

What the heck is a hate crime anyway? Isn't a crime against another pretty much a negative emotion. Why with this logic, sociopaths who stalk and kill should be tried under a LOVE Crime charge. Afterall, they sometimes kill who they swear they love.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Seriously, <snipped>
    Matthew Shepherd opened the door. Don't feign indignation when others walk through it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Why does any murder appear as national news when murder is so common today? Why did the Matthew Shepperd murder get the media coverage it did but the guy next door who murders his wife doesn't even make the second page of the local paper?

BTW what his the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a homosexual looks askance at someone else? Some examples would be nice. Not examples of the stories but of this whole industry you refer to.
    Maybe the "problem" is that the murder of someone because they are gay is so rare that it makes big news, while murder by gay people is so common that it's boring. Just like the murder of a black person by a white person is rare and newsworthy, while murder by blacks is common. I'm sure wilbur will agree.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Maybe the "problem" is that the murder of someone because they are gay is so rare that it makes big news, while murder by gay people is so common that it's boring. Just like the murder of a black person by a white person is rare and newsworthy, while murder by blacks is common. I'm sure wilbur will agree.
    Don't forget the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a black guy kills a white guy.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Did the homosexual kill the straight man because he was straight? Otherwise this story has no relevance to the homosexual being killed for being a homosexual.