Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 What’s The Worst Band Name, Like, Ever? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Puddle Of Mudd? Toad The Wet Sprocket? Or one of those terrible emo groups called things like Car Parked Selfishly or Boy Raised By Chimps? Martin Aston referees MOJO's Terrible Band Name Smackdown.

What's in a band name? An explanation, a badge, a cri de coeur? A window, perhaps, onto an artist's soul. Those most cherished of acts have a name indivisible from their DNA--The Velvet Underground, Led Zeppelin, The New York Dolls, The Smiths, The Clash. I only mention this because I was recently sent an EP from Surrey emo band, You Me At Six--arguably as pointless a band name as it gets. It made me think of Manic Street Preachers Nicky Wire's rant against mimsy shoegazers Slowdive--"worse than Hitler," he opined.

Lazy art can get to you like that. Now, I know there can only be one Beatles, one Mercury Rev, one ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. But with the entire lexicon at their fingertips, You Me At Six is clearly not a band name that looks to the stars. Unlike, say, the enlightening They Came From The Stars, I Saw Them--themselves victims of Crappy Band Name hate blogs I encountered while researching this monograph.

Shoegaze was defined by its one-word band names--Blur, Lush, Ride, Spin. Repetitive, yes, but you can see the intention: to mirror the music's gauzy textures. At the other end of the bluster spectrum, emo band names extol the art of saying nothing, importantly: Christie Front Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Hot Water Music, Dogs Die In Hot Cars--make up your own shameful version at The Emo Band Name Generator.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/moj...ame-like-ever/

Banned
    one named: DVDA

Stands for Double Vag/Double anal, the makers of South park are/were in it. :eek::o:D

There are some bizarre Band names out there. Anal **** and the Butthole Surfers are two that come to mind. The Butthole Surfers do have a couple good songs.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There are some bizarre Band names out there. Anal **** and the Butthole Surfers are two that come to mind. The Butthole Surfers do have a couple good songs.
    You're one of the few here I've heard that know the name "Butthole surfers".....

How about Luke Puke and the Vomits. :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Are there any full blown queer bands out there ?You know some ButtPlug San Francisco outfit like Danny and The Blows or The JugBottom Band ?They are into just about everything else I have never noticed them active in music !

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You're one of the few here I've heard that know the name "Butthole surfers".....

How about Luke Puke and the Vomits. :D
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I have nearly all of the Surfers albums. I woulden't say they have a couple of good songs though. I like nearly all the songs on Hairway to Stephen or ElectricLarryland. Rembrant Pussyhorse/Creamed Corn from the Socket of Davis (EP) is pretty good too.

Bad band name? Cannible Corpse.
    Last edited by wineslob; 12-03-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Most unoriginal: The Band

My current band has an "REM type" name, and that's all I will say because I don't want any of my internet "fans" showing up and chunking beer bottles at me.

One band I was in, we wanted to call ourselves "Faster Pussycat". We were crushed to find out it was already taken.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Most unoriginal: The Band

The Band - The Weight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfyjhtOTy1s
    The Band - King Harvest 1970 - Long Black Veil 1970
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hsp4SBwO4
    HORSE the band
    http://www.myspace.com/horsetheband

The Band
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Band was an influential Canadian-American rock and roll group of the 1960s and ’70s, formed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Band included Robbie Robertson (guitar, piano); Richard Manuel (piano, harmonica, drums, saxophone, organ); Garth Hudson (organ, piano, clavinet, accordion, synthesizer, saxophone); Rick Danko (bass guitar, violin, trombone), and Levon Helm (drums, mandolin, guitar, bass guitar).