Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Friday-release is the clue... So pundits can churn the distraction-mill for 48-hours. To me, it looks like more pay-for-play about the pay-for-play.

'Arrests'... note Evan Perez's name in the CNN-byline. He's the friend of that disgraced Simpson 5th-pleader from Fusion-GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    CNN 'breaking' it is essentially a joke in itself. And why wait till Monday? What's that about?
    Leaked to CNN seems more likely.

Hoping to dominate the Sunday talking head shows, supplanting the Dossier-Clinton-DNC and Uranium One stories would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Probably some violation of arcane election law financial disclosure rules, and whoever actually signed off, no matter how much it might have been done in good faith and whether or not they realize it now, will be the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    More then likely it's another Plame situation. Where someone gave bad testimony and gets nailed. But no actual wrong doing is found.
    Yup, either some election law violation found by accident or the "process crime" of providing testimony that proved incorrect or was contradicted by a source Mueller, et al, preferred to believe.

Though the possibility can't be utterly dismissed that Mueller senses his anti-Trump usefulness is ending and he's going to break cover with something lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Teh DUmmies are going apeshit as one would
    expect.
    I imagine speculation is rampant. Unless Mueller is going lunatic it's probably another Scooter Libby lump-of-Fitzmas-coal
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Special counsels have a dismal track record of ever really getting anyone from the supposed ringleaders or on the actual topic they were supposed to investigate, with Watergate being the only one ever that really did strike oil. Susan McDougal was the only person who went to jail in the Whitewater investigation, and that was for contempt for refusing to answer grand jury questions about Bill Clinton's involvement (Probably wise on her part, a year and a half in jail beats the shit out of a Clinton-assisted suicide), and Scooter Libby was the only person who went to jail in the Plame witch hunt, for a completely trumped-up 'Lying to investigators' charge.

The strategy in these cases is to bust somebody on something and then squeeze them to flip them on everyone else. It's a tactic right out of a police procedural TV drama. In reality the only time special counsels have made it work that way was Watergate.

The odds are that this is not going to be somebody extremely close to Trump, and they are also against it being anything at all to do with Russian collusion in anything to do with the election.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Leaked to CNN seems more likely.

Hoping to dominate the Sunday talking head shows, supplanting the Dossier-Clinton-DNC and Uranium One stories would be my guess.

You got it!
    May the FORCE be with you!

If anyone believes that this is anything but a diversion away from the recent Uranium One details coming out are either completely ignorant of reality, completely intellectually dishonest, or just plain brain dead. Can be all 3 but can't be neither.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American