Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Manafort, Gates charged with conspiracy against US 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Evan Perez and Jeremy Herb, CNN

Updated 9:26 AM ET, Mon October 30, 2017

Washington (CNN) Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Gates, 45, is a longtime business associate of Manafort, 68, having worked together since the mid-2000s, and served as his deputy on the campaign. The two were indicted under seal on Friday, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.

The indictment against the two men contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading US Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Manafort arrived at the FBI's Washington field office Monday morning. The two are being processed separately, according to a law enforcement official. They will later be transported to federal district court in Washington later Monday morning.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    This is going nowhere, like everything else tied to these corrupt liberals it will cost the taxpayers millions to have a trial that finds these two people not guilty of all charges. Now the real question is why has hillary and her gang not been charged with crimes we already know is true ? For starters we need a new AG with some balls and spine to stop this stuff we see this morning

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    This is from when Manafort was working for the Podesta Group.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The charges do not cover any activities related to the campaign, though it's possible Mueller could add additional charges.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The charges do not cover any activities related to the campaign, though it's possible Mueller could add additional charges.
    That was my question as well. This apparently relates to activity long before President Trump was running for President. Or did I miss something? Working, so not glued to the news.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Nobody ever heard of Gates in any major way, shape, or form. That's a dud right out of the barrel.

And a lot the Manafort stuff has already been superficially discussed all year, with nothing related to what he was doing after Rock said; working with the Podesta Brothers.

If we don't hear from Mueller via a live appearance today, I can only conclude that this was a desperate distraction. Let's see if he can face a barrage of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    This is going nowhere, like everything else tied to these corrupt liberals it will cost the taxpayers millions to have a trial that finds these two people not guilty of all charges. Now the real question is why has hillary and her gang not been charged with crimes we already know is true ? For starters we need a new AG with some balls and spine to stop this stuff we see this morning
    Only shows the level of corruption in our govt.

The Klintons took in over $1 BILLION, they can spread around a lot of money inside the govt and to compound, that a lot of govt workers are as corrupt in their aiding and abetting of HildaBeast.

Just read about Al 'scarface' Capone and his bloody life of crime and corruption, but he went to jail for Tax evasion since they could NEVER pin anything else on him.

Klintons and Obama +++++ belong in prison but you will be lucky to even hang a speeding ticket on them. The Klintons are the Kennedys of their era...Chappaquiddick!
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I gave the whole doc a quick read. What does any of that
    have to do with Trump???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I gave the whole doc a quick read. What does any of that
    have to do with Trump???
    Ever go into a bar and see a sign that says "FREE Beer Tomorrow", well that applies here.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...