1. #1 Bowe Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, avoids prison time 
    Bowe Bergdahl received a dishonorable discharge from the US Army but will avoid prison time for desertion and misbehavior before the enemy after abandoning his outpost in Afghanistan in 2009, a military judge ruled Friday.

The judge also ruled that Bergdahl's rank be reduced from sergeant to private. Additionally, he will be required to pay a $1,000 fine from his salary for the next 10 months.

"Sgt. Bergdahl has looked forward to today for a long time," Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl's civilian attorney, said at a news conference after the sentence was announced.

"As everyone knows he was a captive of the Taliban for nearly five years, and three more years have elapsed while the legal process unfolded. He has lost nearly a decade of his life."

The sentence is effective immediately, except for the dishonorable discharge, which Bergdahl is appealing, according to Fidell.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politi...ced/index.html

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    POS should have thought about that before he deserted no ! We truly do live in a lawless society now in the US, not one of our laws have been upheld or respected. There is now no reason for any person to fear breaking our laws military or otherwise, they will get away with it.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    He should have avoided prison time with a firing squad.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What idiot of a POTUS was responsible for this
    POS getting out???
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What idiot of a POTUS was responsible for this
    POS getting out???
    I think Trump needs to have a military judge shit canned!
    Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 3hMore

The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.

24,487 replies .18,687 retweets62,617 likes
    Retweet

Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

As a professional career combat soldier I am gravely saddended over the 'set free' sentence for Bergdahl...the following is my comment to the juidge Col Jeffery Nance who presided over the case and set the TRAITOR FREE:

Mr. Nance, you are an embarrassment to the military I served in. If you do not see him as a traitor then I find you more repulsive than I do him. You have blood on your hands: These are the 6 MEN who died trying find and save this traitor you have set free. Your ethics and honor elevator clearly does not have a bottom floor:

Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker, 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl.

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack.

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade.

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas, died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.

Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

An awful ruling. I wasn't expecting a jail-free decision so I'm kinda speechless.

Yeah, he'll be shunned in-public when people realize who he is, but that's as minor a punishment as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    An awful ruling. I wasn't expecting a jail-free decision so I'm kinda speechless.

Yeah, he'll be shunned in-public when people realize who he is, but that's as minor a punishment as it gets.
    He will ONLY be shunned if he hangs around S Texas or a few other states where traitors are NOT welcome, but he can find welcome open arms on the E/W coasts.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...