Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 More than 60 Kmart and Sears stores closing 
    Sears Holdings announced that it will be closing 63 Kmart and Sears stores after the 2017 holiday shopping season.

The company announced the closure to employees at the affected store (see list below) on Thursday. The closures will affect employees in 26 states, with 45 Kmart stores and 18 Sears stores slated for removal.

The stores will remain open following the holiday season until late January 2018, although Sears will be closing their automotive centers at 15 locations in early December.
    http://dennismichaellynch.com/more-t...sing-see-list/

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I didn't realize they had that many stores.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    This was expected now for over a year

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I haven't been in a K-Mart for a long time.
    They were always dumpy.
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I would not be surprised if the timing were dictated by Federal law regarding lay-offs and closings, but customer service at those stores during holiday shopping season is all but guaranteed to be crap.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

They just recently closed the Sears in my hometown. End of an era too. It was back in the day when Landis Ave. was the heart of commerce. There was Sears, JJ Newberry's, JC Penny, and Two-Guys. All are gone now. My mom worked at Sears as did my godfather. I remember you used to be able to get anything there from guns to major appliances and they had the auto-center which is still open. It's where we went to see Santa every year. Sad day when it closed.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

SR has been getting emails from Sears saying he has $10 worth of bonus points. That started a couple of weeks ago---now it's up to $16. We should probably go there and buy some stuff with it. The way they've been reducing prices, that $16 should go a long way. It's very sad.

The one closest to us is in a mall that's almost deserted. The Dillards there has closed, Macy's wouldn't surprise me if they're after the Sears closing.

PS Thanks for posting the link, our local Sears isn't closing.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Of the two Sears near us, one may be closed or may soon. If the City of Appletino ever approves projects for businesses other than Apple most of that mall will become something else. It was anchored by Sears, JC Penney, and Macy's. JC Penney seems to be in a death spiral alongside Sears and KMart. Not sure if Macy's is doing as badly, but except for a multiplex theater, a bowling alley, an ice skating rink, and some restaurants the mall has been dying for over a decade.

The other Sears is in a mall that is doing well, but the Sears is not. It's basically an area with better parking availability and walk-through access to the mall. Its customer service convinced us years ago not to bother shopping there.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

The MI stores are all K-Marts. Sad, there are so few left anyways. They closed the first K-Mart, in Garden City, a few years ago.

The Sears at Oakland Mall is still open, but they cut the store in half and At Home is taking over the other side, plus adding on to the building. I love At Home, they have all kinds of cheap decorating stuff, and it doesn't stink inside like Ollie's Outlets. I need to go there soon to look for X-Mas stuff.