Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I grew up in E Tex rural, had to drive to get to the small town or ride my horse, 'bout all day there and back. Went to rural Baptist churches, certainly do not remember any of that being taught. Yea they were open arms to gays and they were very conservative in their outlook, but normal for the times.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    No, it's not just one. It's thread after thread.
    Yes, but notice I said AT LEAST one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    I grew up in E Tex rural, had to drive to get to the small town or ride my horse, 'bout all day there and back. Went to rural Baptist churches, certainly do not remember any of that being taught. Yea they were open arms to gays and they were very conservative in their outlook, but normal for the times.
    GC66's equation of Calvinists with Arminians ("freewill") demonstrates either that (s)he didn't understand anything (s)he heard or never came within 10 feet of the door of a real-life church. His/her rant is so far different from real mainstream churches that I'm inclined to think the latter and that the rant is what (s)he heard from fellow Christian-hating Progs.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    GC66's equation of Calvinists with Arminians ("freewill") demonstrates either that (s)he didn't understand anything (s)he heard or never came within 10 feet of the door of a real-life church. His/her rant is so far different from real mainstream churches that I'm inclined to think the latter and that the rant is what (s)he heard from fellow Christian-hating Progs.
    Yes, indeed! It's just what he/ she heard from fellow Christophobic DUmmies and saw from 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy,' and 'Real Time with Bill Maher.'