1. #1 Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4583996

This one is filled great lines

ContinentalOp (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-04-08 12:38 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. Hahaha, awesome. Too bad the deer didn't finish the job. -nt-
    Crunchy Frog (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-04-08 01:53 AM
    Response to Original message
    6. It's unfortunate that he was so lightly injured.
    Maybe he'll at least have some long term sequelae.
    WTF is the matter with these folks wishing pain and deathon people. I thought theywere supposed to be the soft, caring and compassionate for all party?
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Don't forget friend; the ends justify the means for these people.

By the way: any anti-hunter who eats any produce whatsoever (even vegetarians) are supporting the killing of animals. If they eat meat, somebody had to kill it. If they only eat vegetables, farmers kill pest animals which damage their crops, like rabbits.

Now watch their free-love heads spin. :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I feel badly for the hunter and the deer. I'm not a hunter myself, but I like eating venison when someone else has killed and processed it. On the whole, I think hunting is a good thing. My philosophy has always been "the more deer the hunters kill, the less that are going to run in front of my car".

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Don't forget friend; the ends justify the means for these people.

By the way: any anti-hunter who eats any produce whatsoever (even vegetarians) are supporting the killing of animals. If they eat meat, somebody had to kill it. If they only eat vegetables, farmers kill pest animals which damage their crops, like rabbits.

Now watch their free-love heads spin. :D

"Are those leather shoes Mr. Baldwin?"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Lots of deer have not mastered the revenge thing yet. Neither have chickens, cows, pigs, ducks, geese or fish.

It is funny that when a hunter is killed in a freak occurence it is good, but when a terrorists is killed by a smart bomb or a 50 cal round at a 1000 meters it is a bad thing. Unwarrented military aggression and all.

I had someone ask me a few weeks back, how could I kill a poor defenseless deer. I told them it was easy point and shoot, plus they don't have to walk out to my food plot. I told them it was pretty evened out when you think about it. They have a keen sense of sight, smell, and sight. She asked me, "What weapon do they have?". I answered, "The same as the cow." Then, silence, followed by a laugh.

For the record, I did steal that line from an episode of Law & Order.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    Lots of deer have not mastered the revenge thing yet. Neither have chickens, cows, pigs, ducks, geese or fishl.
    Geese are bribing hunting dogs to do their dirty work for them.

Linky Thing

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    "Are those leather shoes Mr. Baldwin?"

I knew someone once who was a PETA acitivist-I always gave her a hard time because she thought wearing fur was so bad, but she had knee-high leather boots and a leather jacket. Isn't that the same thing as wearing fur?

I understand people who are vegetarians because of health reasons, but most of them I meet who are vegetarians because of "cruelty to animals", and they also wear leather shoes. I had a coworker who ate poultry, but didn't eat red meat and particularly objected to veal. I'd go out for italian food with a friend, and come back and tell her how excellent the "Baby cow parmesean" tasted. She was funny about it, though, because her husband and son were total red meat eaters. They liked hot dogs, which also grossed her out (which I can kind of understand). She would pay top dollar for Hebrew National dogs, to be safe, even though Michigan has pretty strict laws about what can go into hot dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I knew someone once who was a PETA acitivist-I always gave her a hard time because she thought wearing fur was so bad, but she had knee-high leather boots and a leather jacket. Isn't that the same thing as wearing fur?

I understand people who are vegetarians because of health reasons, but most of them I meet who are vegetarians because of "cruelty to animals", and they also wear leather shoes. I had a coworker who ate poultry, but didn't eat red meat and particularly objected to veal. I'd go out for italian food with a friend, and come back and tell her how excellent the "Baby cow parmesean" tasted. She was funny about it, though, because her husband and son were total red meat eaters. They liked hot dogs, which also grossed her out (which I can kind of understand). She would pay top dollar for Hebrew National dogs, to be safe, even though Michigan has pretty strict laws about what can go into hot dogs.
    Those are some damned good hot dogs. We bought some for my mom for her birthday party. We thought she had an allergy to corn which wold make her face swell really bad. Anything with corn starch, corn syrup, ant corn by product. I pointed out the Hebrew National and told my wife those were her people's hot dogs (she is notoriously tight wadded). She looked at the ingredients, and viola, my mom's first hot dogs in years. They were some of the best hot dogs I've had. My mom later found out it was an auto immune problem, not an allergy, but she still eats Hebrew National.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I wore a fur coat to work today and I feel just great about it.

If someone wants to avoid meat, leather, fur, honey, and whatever out some kind of religious vow, I'm fine with that. It's absurd to attempt to make a health or moral claim, however.

If humans aren't at the apex of created life (and PETA tells us sternly that we are not) then we are just mobile meat puppets like every other animal. Our lives aren't worth more than a deer's life but neither is a deer's life worth a damn. Animasl hunt, kill, and eat each other constantly and they get genuine pleasure out of it. They also do it just for the hell of it. The moral argument is a bust.

In the contemporary world, over-consumption of carbohydrates is killing large sections of the population. It's impossible to get fat eating meat and salad but most people only have to look at bowl of mashed potatoes or beans to pack on 5 pounds. Carbohydrates also cause problems with diabetes which is a big issue today. Clearly, the health argument is a bust.

(The deer revenge story was kind of funny, though. :p)