Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination 
    link

Blue_Tires (49,230 posts)

Majority Of White Americans Say They Believe Whites Face Discrimination

A majority of whites say discrimination against them exists in America today, according to a poll released Tuesday from NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

More than half of whites 55 percent surveyed say that, generally speaking, they believe there is discrimination against white people in America today. Hershman's view is similar to what was heard on the campaign trail at Trump rally after Trump rally. Donald Trump catered to white grievance during the 2016 presidential campaign and has done so as president as well.

Notable, however, is that while a majority of whites in the poll say discrimination against them exists, a much smaller percentage say that they have actually experienced it. Also important to note is that 84 percent of whites believe discrimination exists against racial and ethnic minorities in America today.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/55960...inated-against

I'm beyond words.... This is the kind of mindset that rises from decades of AM talk radio and Fox News
    No matter what excuses and rationalizations the left gives, when liberals say that White people have "privilege" because of their skin color and all White people are racist they (White people) are experiencing RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. Liberals are judging, stereotyping and castigating a whole group of people based on their skin color.

It is racial discrimination and the goal is for people to treat them differently based on their resentments and stereotypes of White people.

And if liberals keep it up that number is only going to go higher.

My own father and brother, respectively, were each in their time denied admission to the colleges of their choice because they were both guilty of the heinous, unforgivable crime (In the Left's eyes, anyway) of being heterosexual Caucasian males.
    I regularly have to put up with not being able to do literally anything without being openly accused of racism (i.e. as a substitute teacher, I can't count how many times I've been openly accused of racism on the grounds of yelling at or disciplining black students that were legitimately acting up, causing problems, and disrupting class; They feel their race gives them a license to do and say whatever they want and get away with it).

Let's see here. I can legally be passed over for college admittance because I am white. I can legally be passed over for a job because I am white. I can legally be passed over for a promotion because I am white. I can legally be released from jury duty because I am white. I can legally be denied a loan or mortgage because I am of the wrong ethnic group. I can legally be forced to associate with people I don't want to be involved with because I am white.

Sounds like discrimination to me.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-10-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

They feel their race gives them a license to do and say whatever they want and get away with it
    And many liberals agree with them.

Before I left Miami in the mid 80's I applied to the Dade county PD, I passed the tests and had a veterans preference, but got passed over in favor of minorities. They hired 1500 new hires and a lot of them had criminal records, but they were all minorities.
    Last edited by Old n Grumpy; 11-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Congress passed a series of laws that together create a LAWFUL "Protected Class" of peoples with special rights and privileges that whites do not have.

• Race Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    • Color Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    • Religion Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    • National origin Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    • Age (40 and over) Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967.

Of course if you look at the laws you can see places where you as a white fall under, this is true, however in application and reality if you are white, heterosexual, Christian you are suddenly categorized at a member of the majority, thus are not eligible for 'Protected' status.

There is a unwritten Hierarchy of status: I am not sure what is at the bottom of the list but prob some distant native group from a single Island in the S Pacific...but at the top of the list my guess is (based upon 26 years of govt service) that its a combo of Black - Transgender (man > woman) - Muslim. Let someone walk in the door with those creds and the govt will drop everything to do your bidding.

If you are wondering is this unconstitutional? The answer is clearly YES...the opening line, "We the People" says it all. Thus by creating these classes of people the govt has fostered the very divisiveness they claim to want to stop. Anyone surprised?
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Back in the 1973-76 time frame we needed a new swamper for one of our crews. We determined that the corporate "guidelines" for diverse hiring could be the best met with a disabled Vietnam vet who was a black female but we couldn't find one in Ft Smith Ark.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Back in the 1973-76 time frame we needed a new swamper for one of our crews. We determined that the corporate "guidelines" for diverse hiring could be the best met with a disabled Vietnam vet who was a black female but we couldn't find one in Ft Smith Ark.
    YEP, used to be able to do that:

Black, female, disabled, Transgender, Muslim would give you 5 check boxes with 1 person. Now they are using %'s so you must have IIRC 12.5% Black etc.

Of course its all based upon race, color, creed, religion etc etc, no where is there any requirement that they have skills, talents, ability or smarts to do the job, that is no longer a factor. That said in Federal Civil Service none of that is a factor, you cannot fire some one because they cannot do the job, you can only move them to another job.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

I've been in local POs and DMVs to know it would be a waste of time to apply for a Federal or CA government job. Scroom!
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    Before I left Miami in the mid 80's I applied to the Dade county PD, I passed the tests and had a veterans preference, but got passed over in favor of minorities. They hired 1500 new hires and a lot of them had criminal records, but they were all minorities.
    Interesting. In the mid 80's I applied for the Little Rock PD. On the application they had stamped "we're an equal opportunity employer. We are seeking black female employees at this time."

I'm a pretty smart guy and I test well. I took their test and was informed I'd failed the test, although it sure seemed pretty easy.

The following year I applied for the Fayetteville, AR PD and was given the exact same test. There were about 40 candidates in the room. I was informed I was 3rd in the testing. They only needed 1 officer and I wasn't their guy, but I thought it odd I failed in Little Rock and came in 3rd in Fayetteville.

Ultimately I'm glad I wasn't hired, but I knew what happened in Little Rock, and it wasn't the test.

KC
    Using Tapatalk