Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here is the problem:

Blacks have been told for so many years that they are VICTIMS and as a result the WHITE MAN owes your ancestors were slaves. Ever get a chance to talk to one and ask some questions on slavery.

Who 'invented' slavery?

Was slavery anywhere else in the world or was it just an American thing?

How did the slave owners get their slave, did they capture and steal them or how?

In 1860 the peak of slavery, what % of the South owned slaves: 8%, 31%, 62%, 98%? http://www.civil-war.net/pages/1860_census.html

The answers:

America

Just in America

They raided and stole them

98%

When you are a victim you see the world as owing you something and that is the problem, until they let go being a victim they cannot stand on their own 2 feet.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Let's see here. I can legally be passed over for college admittance because I am white. I can legally be passed over for a job because I am white. I can legally be passed over for a promotion because I am white. I can legally be released from jury duty because I am white. I can legally be denied a loan or mortgage because I am of the wrong ethnic group. I can legally be forced to associate with people I don't want to be involved with because I am white.

Sounds like discrimination to me.

I would never bitch about being disqualified from jury duty. That is a duty, not a privilege. Unless you're flipping burgers, you're losing money that day. I was never called, but I finally convinced my wife she was losing money. I did testify at a murder trial once. Lucky me I got all of 20 minutes notice before I had to drive an hour and testify.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I would never bitch about being disqualified from jury duty. That is a duty, not a privilege. Unless you're flipping burgers, you're losing money that day. I was never called, but I finally convinced my wife she was losing money. I did testify at a murder trial once. Lucky me I got all of 20 minutes notice before I had to drive an hour and testify.

I was on a jury once in Detroit, it was a very long 4 days and ended in a hung jury. It was a home invasion case, no fatalities.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    When I applied to get into Rutgers in Jersey I
    easily had the grades but was the wrong color.

How do I know?? The admissions officer told me
    so. He also said he'd deny it if I ever mentioned
    it to college officials.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I interviewed with the city of Grand Rapids in 1986 for a job as a building inspector. I scored 96% on the job-specific test (I took some really accurate guesses regarding building codes, the best rat-killing methods, etc.). The guys at the interview told me I was second in line for the job, but there was an African American male in front of me and they needed that hire for the EEOC. The other issue was that my dad did business with the city and they were concerned about hiring me in that regard, but could deal with it if the guy in front of me turned the job down. I actually appreciated their candor.

I don't know whatever happened in the long run, as I got this job shortly after my interview with the city of GR. This job paid a little more, was in my field and involved moving 150 miles away from my mother without leaving Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    When I applied to get into Rutgers in Jersey I
    easily had the grades but was the wrong color.

How do I know?? The admissions officer told me
    so. He also said he'd deny it if I ever mentioned
    it to college officials.
    Gets FAR WORSE:

They don't FAIL! According to a instructor I personally know well their progress is tracked by the Feds and he told me, the ONLY way you can give them a failing grade is if they do not show up for the tests. But even there you have to have informed (counseling) that they will fail if they do not take the test on make up!!!! And you BETTER have it documented they did not show for the test and for the makeup exam.

No matter their score you will curve to insure a passing grade! OK, fine but now they are out in the world with a degree on paper but not in reality.
    Don
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

About 20 years ago I was in a management position at a corporate computer reseller in the bay area. One day all of the management team was scheduled for a training class being taught by an attorney who specialized in employment law.

He started off the training by having everyone in the room stand up. He then said if you are black, sit down. If you are hispanic, sit down. If you are asian, sit down. If you are any other p.o.c, sit down. If you are a woman, sit down. If you are disabled, sit down. If you are not straight in your orientation, sit down. He went thru a few more rounds of protected classes until only the straight white males in the room were standing. He then went on to say that those sitting down are a member of one or more protected class, and those who are standing are not of any protected class.

It was a simple exercise, but set the tone for the rest of the training and how we as white males had to go the extra mile to make sure that those who were in a protected class did not ever feel that they were being slighted by us.

so, um, yeah, there is discrimination against whites. Do I let it run my life or make me a victim? Hell no.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    About 20 years ago I was in a management position at a corporate computer reseller in the bay area. One day all of the management team was scheduled for a training class being taught by an attorney who specialized in employment law.

He started off the training by having everyone in the room stand up. He then said if you are black, sit down. If you are hispanic, sit down. If you are asian, sit down. If you are any other p.o.c, sit down. If you are a woman, sit down. If you are disabled, sit down. If you are not straight in your orientation, sit down. He went thru a few more rounds of protected classes until only the straight white males in the room were standing. He then went on to say that those sitting down are a member of one or more protected class, and those who are standing are not of any protected class.

It was a simple exercise, but set the tone for the rest of the training and how we as white males had to go the extra mile to make sure that those who were in a protected class did not ever feel that they were being slighted by us.

so, um, yeah, there is discrimination against whites. Do I let it run my life or make me a victim? Hell no.
    There is NO ROOM AT THE INN, its BOOKED UP with Victims now, no room for Whitey.

Congress created this mess in America and it should be found unconstitutional...since when do the GOVT have the RIGHT to create special and privileged classes of citizens...What happened to "WE the PEOPLE"?
    Don
    Hill Country of Texas

Be a white IT male and see if you get a job outside of mexifornia.
    Montani semper liberi

10. #20 Oh yeah, it happens. But your trade or skillset can make a huge difference... 
    Let's say you're a oilwell driller or one of his crewmembers ( derrick man, chain hand, motor man, lead tong hand). You can give a worm ( inexperienced newbie) a chance, but regardless of paint job, it's the rare one in a hundred that actually listens carfully to
    Instructions and follows them, and does not let race come into play. Those are keepers, highly sought after.

The other trade is heavy commercial HVAC. If you know your stuff, you can be the Pillsbury Doughboy and you're gonna have a safe job. Even hardcore P.C. HR VP's make a comfortable building a priority above a preferred paintjob. The Bullshitt runs into reality at some point.
    Last edited by Jim54; 11-18-2017 at 04:00 AM.
    Support diversity. Own firearms of every caliber.