1. #1 Pick One, GOP: Roy Moore or Your Principles 
    link

DonViejo (33,871 posts)

Pick One, GOP: Roy Moore or Your Principles

No tax cut fantasy can justify supporting Roy Moore now.

ERIN GLORIA RYAN
    11.09.17 3:18 PM ET

Is an abused 14-year-old girl worth a potential middle-class tax break? Ask the current iteration of the Republican party.

Sensible conservatives have overlooked ineptitude, outright stupidity, fascist threats, open misogyny, and borderline-insane levels of sex-, homo-, and xenophobia in pursuit of their fiscal agenda. In Republican senate candidate Roy Moore, Alabama voters have overlooked respect for the Constitution and the sort of racism most people thought went out of print decades ago. But it gets worse.

Well into his thirties, Moore had a predatory yen for teenage girls, two of them as young as 14, according to a report Thursday from the Washington Post. He met one while she was working as a Santa’s helper in a mall, another on a park bench. He took them on dates, one progressing to sexual fondling that left Moore’s victim feeling violated and ashamed, according to the woman’s own account. The paper got four women to allege on the record and under their own names that Moore had approached them decades ago, when Moore’s political career was still nascent. None of the women, according to the Post, have donated to or volunteered for the campaigns of Luther Strange, whom Moore defeated in the Republican primary, or Doug Jones, his Democratic rival in the general election.

To make a rich story even richer, Moore just weeks ago appeared at a church event and blamed America’s ills—including child abuse—on forgetting God. “We put ourselves above God, and in doing so we forgot the basic source of our morality. [...] All across our land we have child abuse, we have sodomy, we have murder, we have rape, we have all kind of immoral things happening because we have forgotten God.”

more
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/pick-o...our-principles
    Yes the left would LOVE it if all they had to do was lie and accuse a Republican politician of sexual abuse or harassment and they would have to quit.

And they wonder why we don't believe them and their accusations.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    A Democrat has no idea what principles are.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

DUm's and the libstream will quickly realize that Trump-supporters can walk away from Moore in a heartbeat. This isn't our battleground.

None of us believe it anyway.

Remember how quickly those female accusers disappeared after Herman Cain left the race? The timing is more than suspicious.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

You know libs, I think I will withhold judgment until all the evidence is in. I know this may be a new concept to you but jumping to conclusions because your confirmation bias wants you to believe it is true doesn't make something true.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A Democrat has no idea what principles are.
    These are the people who defended Bill Clinton through all the revelations of his sexual predations, who defend child rapist Roman Polanski, whose first reaction to early revelations about Weinstein was to defend him. They have zero credibility behind their demands that ANYONE act on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Remember how quickly those female accusers disappeared after Herman Cain left the race? The timing is more than suspicious.
    This is the special election version of an October Surprise. I can't say it's false (after nearly 40 years, who could?), but given that timing and history, were I an Alabama voter about to walk into a polling booth I would vote for Moore. The 4 decades' delay and timing strongly point toward the claims being false.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    You know libs, I think I will withhold judgment until all the evidence is in. I know this may be a new concept to you but jumping to conclusions because your confirmation bias wants you to believe it is true doesn't make something true.
    If by some bizarre happenstance Moore could prove he was in a different county, state, country, or planet when the claimed actions supposedly happened DU-grade Progs would still believe the claims.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!