1. #1 You guys watching Bit Coin the last few days? 
    What is going on there?

Is there some outside influence causing this swing?
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

I invest in cryptocurrency and so far everyone is bewildered. The cryptocurrency market is always volatile and is not an investment for the weak of heart.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I am quite new to bitcoins, but it looks more and more attractive to invest...I do believe that bitcoin will grow more and that it is a good investment. They say there will come a time when we will be able to buy properties using bitcoins https://tranio.com/world/analytics/h...e-market_5405/. It is curious how fast things change, nobody believed in cryptocurrency at first, now bitcoins don't look so shady anymore.

What's going on? Here is a theory that is 100% speculation:

1. Who hates Bitcoin? Answer: Every government that wants to tax everything; that would be all of them.

2. Who creates the most new Bitcoins? Answer: Whoever has the most computing power devoted to Bitcoin mining.

There are about 16 million bitcoins in existence today, about 14 million two years ago when the price was about $100. So two years ago the total value of all bitcoins was about $1.4 billion. If you had a few hundred million dollars of unaccountable funds and almost unlimited computing capacity over the past two years you could accumulate (and sit on) a UGE pile of Bitcoins. Increasing demand and a supply limited by your hoard could drive the exchange rate to astronomical heights. Dumping this hoard and the quickly generated panic selling will crash the market back to sub $100 levels (or possible lower). Public confidence in Bitcoins and all crypto currencies would be destroyed.

NSA?????????????????????

Motive, means and opportunity.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole but then I'm always wrong on investments so that's a good sign for the rest of you.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

FWIW, RUN, RUN as far from it as you can. Some people will make a LOT A LOT of money and YOU are not going to be one of them!

This is a typical scam, seen it many times in my 50 years of viewing the markets. Big build up, lots and lots of news, price gets volatile people start jumping in, price climbs, insiders dump and take their big profits, then the collapse.

Saw it in the company I worked for. The CEO and his VP of ???? SUDDENLY announced we were merging with some publicly traded company (penny stock) and of course they told us to buy as it was going some place when the news hit the street. LOTS of folks did and the stock took off from about .10 to around ,25 and of course the CEO pumping it was going to hit a dollar. I watched one guy who worked for me Took life savings, and a home equity loan was strutting the office and a bunch more jumped in full full fu manchu. I was one of the few who did not, I had seen the before.

Stock hit .29 per share and collapsed to .03, and shortly delisted. Several insiders hit big, like the CEO and his VP of???? and the CEO of the other company and some of his buds, but 6 mo later, both companies filed for bankruptcy and gone for ever.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    FWIW, RUN, RUN as far from it as you can. Some people will make a LOT A LOT of money and YOU are not going to be one of them!

This is a typical scam, seen it many times in my 50 years of viewing the markets. Big build up, lots and lots of news, price gets volatile people start jumping in, price climbs, insiders dump and take their big profits, then the collapse.

Saw it in the company I worked for. The CEO and his VP of ???? SUDDENLY announced we were merging with some publicly traded company (penny stock) and of course they told us to buy as it was going some place when the news hit the street. LOTS of folks did and the stock took off from about .10 to around ,25 and of course the CEO pumping it was going to hit a dollar. I watched one guy who worked for me Took life savings, and a home equity loan was strutting the office and a bunch more jumped in full full fu manchu. I was one of the few who did not, I had seen the before.

Stock hit .29 per share and collapsed to .03, and shortly delisted. Several insiders hit big, like the CEO and his VP of???? and the CEO of the other company and some of his buds, but 6 mo later, both companies filed for bankruptcy and gone for ever.
    This is infringing on the territory of the federal reserve the largest mafia organized crime syndicate in the world as well as the currency of every other country in the world. The Fed will be patient for a time but then they will lower the boom and regulation will start. When its over nobody still in it will escape a huge loss.
    But then again like I said I'm usually wrong.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Some group has put together another hang'm out to dry scheme, will make a mint and run like hell. This is where we need a 24-72 hour free zone for the pipe fitters in the basement who are lined up with the cash in their pocket already. Ya know, give us a gotcha on the slicksters out there selling that shit.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Some group has put together another hang'm out to dry scheme, will make a mint and run like hell. This is where we need a 24-72 hour free zone for the pipe fitters in the basement who are lined up with the cash in their pocket already. Ya know, give us a gotcha on the slicksters out there selling that shit.
    You know that Bitcoin is not a coin at all, in fact its NOTHING but a string of code. You could have bought it for over $11,000 per share a couple days ago, yesterday it was at $9000 a share, a loss of $2000 bucks per share.

EXTREME volatility, play at your own risk...
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

10. #10 PwC accepts bitcoin for services 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    PricewaterhouseCoopers is now accepting Bitcoin as payment.

By Steven Russolillo

Nov. 30, 2017 5:16 a.m. ET

Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers said it accepted a payment in bitcoin for its advisory services, its first in a virtual currency.

I personally believe Cryptos are here to stay.
    May the FORCE be with you!