Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 America Requires a Better Media 
    "Lazy pack journalism materially damages Americans."

    Yes. The idea that is the great America experiment requires a better media.


    https://therevolutionaryact.com/amer...-better-media/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    51,933
    An amazing grasp of the obvious.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Did you read it? Gives a bunch of examples about how it could be done better.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire USA
    Posts
    20
    I miss just fact reporting news.... No editorializing, no spin, no opinions..


    Just This just in, this happened, we'll report more when we know more. Back to you Tom!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by RPTPatriot View Post
    Did you read it? Gives a bunch of examples about how it could be done better.
    Yeah. It's a good piece.

    We're stuck with the media we inherited. " Don't (kill) the messenger. " used to be a real thing in our illiterate days, when the town-criers brought news of tax-increases, etc. They (criers, to the current media) have always been regarded as government-stooges.

    I'm for serious dismantling of the laws that protect news-organizations. The very minute some false reporting has been revealed, instant arrests of the purveyors should happen. That's one way to solve 'spin'.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    14,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    I miss just fact reporting news.... No editorializing, no spin, no opinions..


    Just This just in, this happened, we'll report more when we know more. Back to you Tom!!!!
    I'm with you on this one. It used to be that way until the "we know better than you" talking heads took over the lead desks on the evening news. Cronkite destroyed the US effort in nam almost single-handedly.

    Mr Thompson sounds like a never-trumper who is still upset with the public.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Yeah. It's a good piece.

    We're stuck with the media we inherited. " Don't (kill) the messenger. " used to be a real thing in our illiterate days, when the town-criers brought news of tax-increases, etc. They (criers, to the current media) have always been regarded as government-stooges.

    I'm for serious dismantling of the laws that protect news-organizations. The very minute some false reporting has been revealed, instant arrests of the purveyors should happen. That's one way to solve 'spin'.
    Spot on!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I'm with you on this one. It used to be that way until the "we know better than you" talking heads took over the lead desks on the evening news. Cronkite destroyed the US effort in nam almost single-handedly.

    Mr Thompson sounds like a never-trumper who is still upset with the public.
    Doesn't look like it........
    https://therevolutionaryact.com/expl...mp-not-racist/
    https://therevolutionaryact.com/trum...ights-america/
    https://therevolutionaryact.com/trum...nything-false/
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •