1. #1 Force takes top fuel in CA 
    Brittany Force became the NHRA’s first female Top Fuel season champion since Shirley Muldowney in 1982 in the season-ending Auto Club NHRA Finals at Pomona, Calif.

Force, the daughter of 16-time Funny Car champion John Force, wrapped up the title in the quarterfinals and went on to win the event at Auto Club Raceway. Force beat Shawn Lang-don with a 3.668-second pass at 330.07 mph in the final for her fourth victory of the year.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

As an OLD 1320 beater I remember when the FIRST AA Fuel Dragster broke 7 seconds.

I pounding the pavement at 12.31 ET, C sports, 327/375, '64 Corvette

Hayden Profitt "Hawaiian Punch, Don Garlits Swamp Rat, he gave me a piston out of one of his AA's and signed it for me, still got it. Those were days, Tommy TV Ivo, Stone Woods and Cook, Sox & Martin, so many I knew and ran with back then...but Uncle Sam wanted me to play in the '67 Rice Bowl: Hanoi Tech Vs Saigon U and when I got back decided college was better than grease under my fingernails...

Last edited by Ole Cowboy; 11-13-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Robert Hight winning in Funny Car, that's 2 championships for Team Force this year. With Daddy Force finishing 7th makes you wonder how much longer it will be before he steps away from driving and focuses solely on running the team.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Personally, I think John will hang in there until he drops out of the top ten - or ends up wearing a drag slick for a necktie.

Back at the ripe old age of 17 I had the pleasure of piloting a '57 Fury 8 barrel stock up and down old 77 from OKC to Dallas. Most of the time it was all for funsies except for the back lot bets. Very few trophies. Still, it was us and '58 Pontiac stock twin four in the finals over and over. We would tear him down one week and he would get us the next. Neither ever got caught doing anything outside the lines.

NOTE: DID NOT GET CAUGHT!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi