1. #1 Keurig CEO Not Happy With Tweet About Company Pulling Ads From Hannity 
    link

demmiblue (13,473 posts)

Keurig CEO Not Happy With Tweet About Company Pulling Ads From Hannity

Source: TPM

Keurig made headlines this weekend when the coffeemaker company revealed on Twitter that it had pulled ads from Sean Hannity’s Fox News program, prompting angry Hannity fans to destroy their Keurigs on camera.

However, it appears that the company’s CEO is not too happy with the publicity.

In a letter to staff obtained by the Washington Post, Keurig CEO Bob Gamgort wrote that the social media team should not have broadcast the company’s decision to temporarily yank advertising from Hannity’s show. A spokesperson for Keurig told TPM that the company was not releasing the letter but confirmed that a note was sent to employees Monday morning.

Gamgort argued that it was “unacceptable” for the social media team to broadcast the company’s decision on advertising strategy.

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ampaign=buffer
    LOL. They want to make a political statement by removing advertising from Hannity.........but they don't want it publicized because they don't like the consequences.

louis-t (17,217 posts)

2. He should shut up and take his $3 million a year.

link

Pugster (193 posts)

Realtor.com, which is walking back its decision to not sponsor Sean Hannity, is run by the Murdochs

Source: Media Matters for America

In recent days, several companies have announced they were either removing ads from Sean Hannity’s Fox News program or that they would not advertise on his show in the future. In August, Media Matters called on Hannity’s advertisers to stop financially supporting his lies and extremism and warned that Hannity’s volatility made him a business risk.

Among those companies was realtor.com, a real estate search engine site. As Hannity began encouraging a counter effort against companies that said they would no longer advertise on his show, realtor.com deleted its Twitter announcement and published a statement saying the company would "continue to place ads across a broad range of networks, including Fox News and its top shows."

Realtor.com, like Fox News, is “operated by News Corp subsidiary Move, Inc.” under a license from the National Association of Realtors. In other words, Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. which manages the operations of realtor.com, has decided to continue advertising on a program airing on Fox News, part of Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox.

In an article published just last month, Murdoch backed his decision to acquire Move Inc. and emphasized the advertising potential: “We live in an age when more people than ever are going to portals like Realtor.com when they’re serious about property. There’s a lot of advertising to be had.”

Read more: http://mm4a.org/ZGD #
    justhanginon (1,708 posts)

1. Much worse PR than if they had said nothing initially.

Now they just emphasized that they are like any other money grubbing cowardly corporation with no moral code whatsoever, just greed. It really is all that could be expected from a Murdoch controlled corporation.

Sounds like a lib at Keurig went off the plantation a little. Single cup brewers like Keurig are high priced convenience. Maybe not as pricey as Starbucks or Peet's, but ...
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Who are the facists again?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Who are the facists again?

Exactly!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Maybe these guys can take the Keurig ad spots?

Warning: contains swearing and awesomeness.
    Not PTArmigan. Just Anti Anti-gun.

I love it when their stupidity comes around and bites them in the ass.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    Maybe these guys can take the Keurig ad spots?

Warning: contains swearing and awesomeness.

That was pretty funny.

Hannity didn't say it outright (or I missed it?), but it sounds like Keurig realized they'd been punked by MMfA or some similar outfit and resumed their ads on Hannity and Fox, with an apology for how it had been handled.

Even though Rush, Sean, et al are obviously public figures, there must be some sort of threshold of lies beyond which MMfA, TP, et al could be sued for slander and interfering with contracts. The hints Sean dropped on yesterday's show suggests some such action could be brewing ( ).
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!