1. #1 I live in rural Alabama. 
    link

charlyvi (6,148 posts)

I live in rural Alabama.

I noticed about a month ago Roy Moore signs were in a few yards as I drove to get groceries. There were about three signs along my route, and they pissed me off each time I saw them. Today, I drove by on my way to the store and every single sign was gone. Now this may mean nothing, as some of the ornery, stubborn folks in my small town (pop. 1200) may have taken the signs in but will vote for him anyway. Who knows. But I thought it was very interesting.
    More likely a fascist liberal idiot stole the signs.

lagomorph777 (3,036 posts)

1. It demonstrates loss of enthusiasm

definitely a good sign.
    charlyvi (6,148 posts)

2. Possibly.

Although they will NEVER vote for a Democrat (they have been brainwashed from the pulpit) my hope is they will stay home.
    TNLib (1,399 posts)

4. Maybe theyll do a write in or stay home
    gratuitous (58,170 posts)

15. Talk up Doug Jones - he's a terrific candidate

You don't have to bad-mouth Roy Moore, he's in deep enough shit as it is. But talk up Doug Jones. Encourage people you know to take a look at him. If your Alabama friends are sensitive to being characterized as a bunch of in-bred hicks and yokels, mention that Doug Jones is one of the good guys. He prosecuted and won convictions of the cowards who bombed the church where those four little girls were killed in 1963.

This is really an easy call: Are you in favor of decency and fairness, or do you want to elevate a child molester against the man who sent murderous cowards to jail?
    Decency? Fairness? Those words do NOT describe Democrats.
    bucolic_frolic (7,444 posts)

34. As reliable an indicator as a retailer having a fire sale before declaring bankruptcy

Not wanting to be seen supporting the perp is the first step to voting for someone else, or nobody at all
    Liberals act like thugs...so Republicans don't put out signs......then liberal are oh so confused as to why conservatives refuse to vote for people who make their disdain clear...and vote for the Republican.
    charlyvi (6,148 posts)

35. I hope so.

I think staying home is probably the best guess here. I'm fine with that.
    Don't count on it.
    Orange Free State (14 posts)

37. Dems should be running ads in Alabama....

....saying “If as a Christian you’re disgusted with the behavior of Roy Moore, you can send a clear message to your party by staying home on Election Day. “ As of the latest I heard he is still at 55%,and I do expect him to win. I think that the other Republicans bailing on him are doing so because they also think he will safely win. A write in vote for an acceptable candidate should be encouraged, because it would effectively split the Republican vote; how many Alabama voters can write anyway? Probably not enough to win a write in but enough to make Moore lose.

If Alabama was any worse it would be Mississippi.
    Liberals think they can lie about conservatives and then use the 'as a Christian how can you vote for X" and think they can win. How did that turn out with voting for Trump??
    Nitram (7,266 posts)

41. Thanks for the report. Invaluable info we won't get anywhere else.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Media seems to think he will win regardless of the fake news

I usually love, "My Life in Redneck Hell," stories, but that was boring. Because of the MSM's last two years of blatant partisanship and willingness to run with stupidly false anti-Trump and -conservative stories, many AL voters are seeing this as a probably false October-Surprise-grade dirty trick. Were I an AL voter, I would vote for Moore.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Moore will win but as with Trump that will be the beginning of the battle.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Moore will win but as with Trump that will be the beginning of the battle.
    True. I've seen reports that McConnell might refuse to seat Moore. If Moore wins his voters should write McConnell and the R Party asking them how much they want to alienate AL voters going into the 2018 House election. And CC AL's R House members.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Typical in a long line of DUmmy anecdotal evidence. And this is not to defend Judge Roy Moore. But crap like this post just makes DUmmies feel better.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I usually love, "My Life in Redneck Hell," stories, but that was boring.
    Agreed.

Now, it's time to play, "Properly fill in a DUmmy's sentence with something that's actually true"!
    (Cue game- show music)
    "If your Alabama friends are sensitive to being characterized as a bunch of in-bred hicks and yokels..." ...Then they should never even remotely consider offering any kind of support to any Democrat politician, as they are the ones who practically invented those cliches and characterizations of Southerners, and they certainly are the ones who trot out those cliches in reference to Southerners the most.

8. #8 This is what burns me up... 
    After generations of debasing every aspect of our culture and devaluing life yet to be they now ignore their own double standard and assassinate the character of a man without so much as a preliminary hearing and whose offenses, even if true do not come anywhere near the severity of those committed by two sitting Democrat Presidents. And they're gonna pull it off with the medias help, of course.

Now if Judge Moore actually did what is alledged then I don't know how he thought he could take on a hostile media, an opposition party out for blood and the haters of constitutional conservatives in the Republican Party. But that's just it! WE DON'T KNOW!

If he's innocent then sombody needs to lose their broadcasting licenses. And he needs to be presumed innocent until proven guilty!! One way or the other, this affair (Bt that I mean convicted without ANY trial) has simply gone too far. But as far as I know, There have to be more than simply accusations.
    Last edited by Jim54; 11-16-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    Support diversity. Own firearms of every caliber.