1. #1 Arizona-based VA contractor collected 'tens of millions' in over payments 
    A Phoenix-based companythat oversees about half of the private medical care for America's veterans is looking to extend its contract even as documents reveal it overbilled the government by tens of millions of dollars.

In addition: It's the target of a federal grand jury investigation.

The company, TriWest Healthcare Alliance, has multi-billion-dollar contracts with the Department of Veterans Affairs to administer private health-care appointments for ex-military personnel in Arizona and 27 other states.

The VA Office of Inspector General recently reported to Congress that TriWest and another company, Health Net Federal Services which oversees private VA care for the remainder of the nation collected at least $89 million morethan they should have,sometimes by billing the government at improper rates or collecting twice for the same treatment.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...act/737341001/

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Show money being handed out by the guberment and I'll show you the biggest crooks in the nation at the receiving end. Not a surprise to read this, I wouldn't take my dog to a VA outpatient clinic in this state, now perhaps some other states are still legitimate, but not in this liberal ran shit hole I live in. I know Houston and San Diego have good VA care and hospitals but some states have failed miserably and you will find nothing but crooks and incompetent workers all there for those good wages and benefits. I just wish the entire VA system would be thrown out and medical care assigned to the private sector as it should be. They give billions each year to the VA and it is the sorriest healthcare there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Show money being handed out by the guberment and I'll show you the biggest crooks in the nation at the receiving end. Not a surprise to read this, I wouldn't take my dog to a VA outpatient clinic in this state, now perhaps some other states are still legitimate, but not in this liberal ran shit hole I live in. I know Houston and San Diego have good VA care and hospitals but some states have failed miserably and you will find nothing but crooks and incompetent workers all there for those good wages and benefits. I just wish the entire VA system would be thrown out and medical care assigned to the private sector as it should be. They give billions each year to the VA and it is the sorriest healthcare there is.
    I sold office equipment to the feds for years. I saw some ridiculous expenditures by the VA. And I really saw some poor conditions, at least in the VA's in the St Louis area. A woman who worked as an administrator there told me she had a little card made up for her dad, a vet, that said DO NOT TAKE ME TO THE VA HOSPITAL IN CASE OF ACCIDENT. To me, that said it all.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"