1. #1 Celgene (Nasdaq: CELG) 
    Looks like an opportunity but I gotta get some increase in cash flow before I can do anything. If I get in, it's a buy and hold rather than a quick fix.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Where are you looking to get in???
    May the FORCE be with you!

As soon as I free up the cash. That will probably take until Monday's close.

On edit: Checking my close dates, maybe Friday.
    Last edited by Retread; 11-23-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Why Celgene Got Pummeled

Oct.29.17 | About: Celgene Corporation (CELG)

Shock Exchange

Long/short equity, long only, short only, special situations
    [COLOR=#1A98FF !important]MARKETPLACE
    Shocking The Street

[/COLOR]

(5,429 followers)

Summary

CELG fell over 15% after Q3 earnings.
    Weak guidance, slowing growth from Revlimid and questions over the pipeline weighed heavily.
    CELG's near-term growth prospects do not support its 15x EBITDA multiple.
    Continue to avoid CELG.

Revlimid. Source: drugs.com
    Celgene (CELG) reported Q3 earnings Thursday and it did not go well. Investors did not like what they heard and pummeled CELG, driving the stock down over 15%. The company missed on revenue by $120 million, but delivered an earnings beat. Below are three reasons why I believe the stock sold off.
    Weak Guidance
    Managing Wall Street's expectations is highly-important for a publicly-traded company. Analysts hate negative surprises; Celgene surprised everyone with weak full-year guidance. Management gave full-year revenue guidance of approximately $13.0 billion. That was slightly below the mid-point of $13.2 billion previously provided.
    The guidance for each of the company's products was unchanged except for Otezla which is expected to achieve $1.25 billion in full-year revenue. That compares unfavorably to the previous guidance of $1.50 to $1.70 billion. Revenue from the psoriasis treatment was $308 million, up 12% Y/Y. However, Otezla is being hit by a deceleration in the overall market:
    In the past two years, the U.S. market for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis grew strongly, posting TRx growth rates in the high teens versus previous years. This was fueled by new launches, including OTEZLA, which expanded the total pool of patients on treatment ...
    However, year to date through September, both markets have experienced a significant slowdown in growth as a result of increasingly restrictive PBM formulary control. While OTEZLA demand continues to outpace the overall market, we are seeing lower-than-expected revenue due to market deceleration, increases in gross-to-net discounts to drive biologic step free access and inventory fluctuations.

Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...