Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PLEASE FIRE ME...I make $25M a year and to fire me you have to buy me out of my contract, when I hit the door you stroke a Check for $50M LARGE!!!!!
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

I don't watch much television, but I never really had a problem with Lauer and I felt he did a pretty fair job on the air.

I'm sure he will be employed again soon.

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.
    These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

Read the rest http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/mat...en-1202625959/

Don
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I originally started watching the show because I liked Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley, that's how old I am.
    You're just a kid... I was watching it when J. Fred Muggs, Jack Lescoulie, and Dave Garroway hosted it. Muggs was a chimpanzee, who'd be involved in humorous stunts and setups as part of the morning bantering, where they touched on light news items.

For the weather, Garroway just walked over to a chalkboard-rendering of the US and drew a sun, clouds, rain, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    You're just a kid... I was watching it when J. Fred Muggs, Jack Lescoulie, and Dave Garroway hosted it. Muggs was a chimpanzee, who'd be involved in humorous stunts and setups as part of the morning bantering, where they touched on light news items.

For the weather, Garroway just walked over to a chalkboard-rendering of the US and drew a sun, clouds, rain, whatever.
    YEP, Dave was the BEST IMO!!!! Like Bill Cullen on the Price is Right or Gary Moore on I've got a Secret, Bert Parks on Beat the Clock or Ted Mack and the Original Amateur Hour...loved them!
    Don
    Hill Country of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    YEP, Dave was the BEST IMO!!!! Like Bill Cullen on the Price is Right or Gary Moore on I've got a Secret, Bert Parks on Beat the Clock or Ted Mack and the Original Amateur Hour...loved them!
    They were real.

Pre-packaged was an utterly foreign concept then.

... Bill Cullen on the Price is Right ...
    Where every refrigerator had a rubber chicken "hidden" inside.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post

And it was 50 times better then.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault