Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Don't Take Your 'Crocs' To Town Son !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Son hurt, Pa. woman sues Crocs firm... photo

Cros is facing a lawsuits over footwear getting caught in escalators. Kerry Burdicck's 6-year-old son was injured during a visit to the National Aquarium in Baltimore when his right shoe was caught. (Handout photo / December 4, 2008)

A Pennsylvania mother yesterday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against the makers of the popular Crocs footwear after her 6-year-old son's shoe was caught and trapped in an escalator at the National Aquarium in Baltimore this spring, mangling his right big toe.

Kerry Burdick, who lives in Eagleville, Pa., claims Colorado-based Crocs Inc. knew its foam clogs were unsafe for escalator travel yet did nothing to warn the public, according to the lawsuit, which seeks more than $7.5 million in damages. It was filed yesterday morning in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

More than 200 people worldwide have reported similar incidents, according to a legal document filed by Crocs Inc. in a separate case, one involving a 3-year-old who broke three toes when her Croc was caught in an Atlanta airport escalator in June. The company, which has said its shoes aren't to blame, did not return a call requesting comment yesterday.

A National Aquarium spokeswoman confirmed that the incident occurred in April but declined to comment further.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,5694695.story

How about parents make sure that little kids step up on escalators in front of the parents while the parents steadiy the child?

My boss just about ripped her own foot off on an escalator a couple of years ago. She wasn't wearing Crocs, just ordinary sandals. I'm sure there are thousands of sandal-related injuries every year.

I like how it's the shoes fault that the kid doesn't pick up his feet and walk.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    The kid could hold his eyelids open with the fingers of one hand and repeatedly poke himself in the eye with the finger on his other hand and it still would not be the kid's fault that he got poked in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The kid could hold his eyelids open with the fingers of one hand and repeatedly poke himself in the eye with the finger on his other hand and it still would not be the kid's fault that he got poked in the eye.
    true - it would be the fault of the nail clipper manufacturer.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    How about parents make sure that little kids step up on escalators in front of the parents while the parents steadiy the child?

My boss just about ripped her own foot off on an escalator a couple of years ago. She wasn't wearing Crocs, just ordinary sandals. I'm sure there are thousands of sandal-related injuries every year.
    Thoughts fo 6 million dollars are quite heavy and make it hard to left one's feet off the escalator step.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    My ex-mother in law used to be terrified of geting her feet caught in escalators so she would literaly launch herself off of it before it got to the top or bottom. She would land 3-4 feet away from where the escalator stopped and my father in law never failed to be embarrassed by her doing this.

How about parents getting their kids decent shoes instead of the ugly pieces of crap called Crocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    My ex-mother in law used to be terrified of geting her feet caught in escalators so she would literaly launch herself off of it before it got to the top or bottom. She would land 3-4 feet away from where the escalator stopped and my father in law never failed to be embarrassed by her doing this.

When I was a kid, I had that same fear and would jump off of escalators.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When I was a kid, I had that same fear and would jump off of escalators.
    Some escalators run a bit faster than others and sometimes she would catch some big air off of the faster ones.