Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    It doesn't surprise me. In Colorado Springs there are weed stores everywhere. Hell, some of them are within a stone's throw of each other. The bubble is going to pop eventually.
    Between the price and the taxes it is probably cheaper to get it on the street.

In the end it will turn out to have diminishing returns for the government tax wise. once they start building a bloated beaurocracy to oversee it all, it will eat up all the revenues. Kind of like the lottery in most states.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    Between the price and the taxes it is probably cheaper to get it on the street.

In the end it will turn out to have diminishing returns for the government tax wise. once they start building a bloated beaurocracy to oversee it all, it will eat up all the revenues. Kind of like the lottery in most states.
    Actually that is one of the ongoing problems here. The cops are finding grow houses all the time because it is in fact cheaper and less a hassle to purchase on the down low. There is a retail place in neighboring Manitou Springs, CO where you can buy it like you can buy anything else. This is the process:

1. Present I.D. at the front desk.
    2. Employee keeps your I.D. till they let you through an electronically locked door.
    3. Once through the door the purchase is cash only.
    4. You can't buy all you want. You are only allowed to purchase x amount for one week.

You can't skirt around it as your I.D. is submitted to a database telling the employees when you are eligible to buy. Law enforcement is still keeping the stores on a close watch.

Once you purchase your item whether it is for smoking, eating or drinking you are looking at $60 easily for something that has about 20 grams of THC. For a serious pot head that isn't going to last a week and the mark up is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    Actually that is one of the ongoing problems here. The cops are finding grow houses all the time because it is in fact cheaper and less a hassle to purchase on the down low. There is a retail place in neighboring Manitou Springs, CO where you can buy it like you can buy anything else. This is the process:

1. Present I.D. at the front desk.
    2. Employee keeps your I.D. till they let you through an electronically locked door.
    3. Once through the door the purchase is cash only.
    4. You can't buy all you want. You are only allowed to purchase x amount for one week.

You can't skirt around it as your I.D. is submitted to a database telling the employees when you are eligible to buy. Law enforcement is still keeping the stores on a close watch.

Once you purchase your item whether it is for smoking, eating or drinking you are looking at $60 easily for something that has about 20 grams of THC. For a serious pot head that isn't going to last a week and the mark up is pretty high.
    My town's dispensary has a monopoly for now. It's unlawful for medical paitents to grow their own if they live within 25 miles of a dispensary. Our town is 25 square miles. There is one exception, if they don't carry your "strain" you can get a special permit to grow your own. That is for medical patients only, recreational users are forced to either purchase illegally or pay the high prices at the dispensary. Less then an hour away in Las Vegas there is more completion.