trumad (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 12:48 PM
    Original message
    Hey OJ--- Remember Jeffrey Dahmer?

One could only hope.
    Paint It Black (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 11:55 AM
    Original message
    Conservative talk show host Neil Boortz calls for OJ Simpson's murder in prison

I happened to be listening to Boortz while in my car not too long ago. He was discussing the Simpson verdict (10 years in prison), and then said that he hoped someone took care of him while in prison. Then, to reiterate his point, in case it wasn't clear enough, he said that he hoped OJ pissed off some gang and that they "rid the earth" of him. There was nervous laughter from the other sycophants he had with him as he continued to drive home his point.

Is this even legal? I know that if I were to openly advocate the murder of someone, that I'd probably get in trouble for that. It shouldn't make a difference if that person is in prison or not.
    hlthe2b (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 11:59 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. As angry as I have been for years over his acquittal,

Edited on Fri Dec-05-08 11:59 AM by hlthe2b
    this disturbs me no end... Someone needs to get law enforcement involved with respect to some of these blatantly coercive comments that solicit violence.
    Jack Rabbit (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 12:03 PM
    5. Now that Boortz has used the airwaves to incite murder . . .

. . . maybe he can be prosecuted and, once convicted, sent to prison with OJ.

Then he could do it himself, if he still feels that way. Then we prosecute him for murder and give him the gurney.
    Ikonoklast(1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 12:03 PM
    6. Maybe O.J. can return the favor.

Ask a few 'gang members' to get rid of a racist, loud-mouthed jerk. That shit can work both ways.

Not naming any names, mind you.
    T Wolf (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 12:27 PM
    10. If just one of these right-wing hate-mongers got the Alan Berg treatment, it MIGHT

stop their bullshit.

Until that happens, we will be cursed with having them pollute the airwaves and the minds of Amerika.
    Hey, a DUmmy advocating the murder of WR talk show hosts! Shocking!

Sonnabend
    hlthe2b (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-05-08 11:59 AM
    2. As angry as I have been for years over his acquittal,

Edited on Fri Dec-05-08 11:59 AM by hlthe2b
    this disturbs me no end... Someone needs to get law enforcement involved with respect to some of these blatantly coercive comments that solicit violence.
    Like the multiple DU threats against Pres. Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Like the multiple DU threats against Pres. Bush?
    DUmmie mode on; "I've never seen a threat to BusHitler on DU!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    DUmmie mode on; "I've never seen a threat to BusHitler on DU!"
    Unfortunately the Secret Service didn't agree...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

The guy calling for gang to get rid of OJ in prison was especially dumb.

OJ offed a white woman and a young white guy.

Two less whiteys in the world and he got away with the murders.

The black gangs will love him.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

I suspect Oj will be very well protected by the Nevada corrections department. There's lots of guys in prison with nothing to lose who would like to see their name in the news.

Sonnabend
    OJ offed a white woman and a young white guy.
    That's your opinion. He was found not guilty.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    That's your opinion. He was found not guilty.
    I watched almost all of that case as it unfolded. Had a back injury and surgery and was out for a long time. I saw pretty much what the jury saw. OJ Simpson did. No my opinion, but my view on the evidence presented. Unlike the Black members of the jury. It had no bearing on the evidence if Dennis Thurman was a racist or not. That is what turned the jury right there. I knew it the minute it came up. Black folks have a hard enough time finding one of their own guilty when everyone involved (perpretator, victime, arresting officer, DA, judge, bailiff, lunch truck driver, court reporter) is Black. Even the hint of racism by anyone white involved and that is all they need to aquit. "They give us any shit, we will aquit."

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I watched almost all of that case as it unfolded. Had a back injury and surgery and was out for a long time. I saw pretty much what the jury saw. OJ Simpson did. No my opinion, but my view on the evidence presented. Unlike the Black members of the jury. It had no bearing on the evidence if Dennis Thurman was a racist or not. That is what turned the jury right there. I knew it the minute it came up. Black folks have a hard enough time finding one of their own guilty when everyone involved (perpretator, victime, arresting officer, DA, judge, bailiff, lunch truck driver, court reporter) is Black. Even the hint of racism by anyone white involved and that is all they need to aquit. "They give us any shit, we will aquit."
    It's Mark Furhman. I don't think he was racist. Loose lipped and overly cynical, yes.

Racist... <shrug>

~QC

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

OJ had better lawyers than the people of California had, and he got a judge who let the trial become a circus, probably because he was enjoying the spotlight himself.

I watched the verdict come down at work, with mostly black people (social workers in children's services). They were as shocked by the verdict as I was, and as disappointed. My female coworkers were particularly disgusted when Paula Barbieri embraced him in the courthouse, and saying things like "How can she even stand to be near him". Not all black people were celebrating his aquittal.