1. #1 Pope Francis: I Cannot Hide ‘My Deep Concern’ Over Jerusalem 
    In a special appeal Wednesday, Pope Francis called for respect for the “status quo” in Jerusalem, in the wake of news that the United States will transfer its embassy in Israel to the Holy City.

“My thoughts now turn to Jerusalem,” the Pope said before the large crowd assembled in the Vatican’s Paul VI Hall for his weekly General Audience. “I cannot remain silent about my deep concern for the situation that has been created in the last days.”

“At the same time, I would like to make a heartfelt appeal for everyone’s commitment to respect the city’s status quo, in conformity with the pertinent United Nations Resolutions,” he said.

The Pope’s words came ahead of an expected announcement by U.S. President Donald Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city by establishing the American embassy to Israel there
    I'm happy that many of the CU members continue to follow their particular faiths' doctrines. I lost mine a long time ago. This guy proves (at least to me) that my lack of faith is justified.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...ver-jerusalem/

I was raised non-denominational, my wife was raised Catholic, we are raising our kids down the middle, give and take on both sides. I respect the position of Pope, but Francis has done nothing to show me he is a God fearing man, quite the opposite, he has shown over and over, Pope Francis, fears public opinion, the liberal public, and will do anything to be accepted by the liberal elite.

sent from my jitter bug

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Europeans have always opposed anything or policy the US made, except when it comes to rescuing them from their own policies which always led to wars. The pope is no doubt anti American and is a left tilted believer. Just imagine what we've witnessed over the past 9 years. A non eligible moron from kenya gets elected not once but twice and now a pope who is pretty close to mirroring him.

Pretty soon he'll be scolding President Trump and America for The Crusades.

That's the kind of tack he's on.

The Pope needs to get his head out of the world and back on doing the work of God.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The Pope needs to get his head out of the world and back on doing the work of God.

^ This

I'm concerned that the plan to move the embassy to Jerusalem will result in an increase in terror attacks, and that more will occur here as a response. I think Trump is kicking a hornet's nest in this case that didn't need to be kicked at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm concerned that the plan to move the embassy to Jerusalem will result in an increase in terror attacks, and that more will occur here as a response. I think Trump is kicking a hornet's nest in this case that didn't need to be kicked at this time.
    It's not going to move immediately and besides the terror attacks are going to come whether we move the embassy or not. Just simply the Jihadi way.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The terrorists will attack, just use this as an excuse.

As far as the Pope, he should stick to religion and not put his nose into ruling the world. My mom was Catholic, my dad Protestant; I was raised Catholic but was never a fan. I always preferred my father's religion to the consternation of my mom. Nothing this Pope does surprises me.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"