1. #1 Remember when McConnell denied Marrick Garland his constitutional right to be on the 
    link

Chasstev365 (4,789 posts)

Remember when McConnell denied Marrick Garland his constitutional right to be on the Supreme Court

and all the Democratic Senators said he should resign?

YEAH, ME NEITHER!

FBaggins (16,698 posts)

2. He had a constitutional right to be on the SC?

That's a new one.

One could reasonably claim that he had a right to a vote... or at least a hearing. He didn't have a right to win the vote.

And Democrats didn't fuss at the time, because we expected to win the White House.

6. Oh, OK: Let's be technical:

President Obama had the constitutional right to nominate Garland and the Senate has no valid reason to to have hearings and a vote!

Are you satisfied now?
    FBaggins (16,698 posts)

9. Still no

Nobody expected Garland to get past the Senate, including President Obama. He was nominated so that Republicans would have to own voting him down.

Democratic senators didn't want him to be confirmed, because they expected Hillary to win the White House and Democrats to retake the Senate. We would therefore have a far more progressive supreme court nominee who we could confirm.

Hum???

Maybe some of the most sensible gibberish to show up over there.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Remember when McConnell denied Marrick Garland his constitutional right to be on the Supreme Court
    no I don't because nobody has the constitutional right to be on the Supreme Court.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

One could say that Obama had the constitutional right to appoint Garland, and the Senate had the constitutional right to deny him if they had good cause.

The republicans will pay for denying the vote on Garland if the dems retake the Senate next year. If one of the liberals, or Kennedy retires or otherwise leaves the court, they can then delay Trump's appointment until after the 2020 election. Turnabout is fair play.

and all the Democratic Senators said he should resign?

YEAH, ME NEITHER!
    That's because you are just blowing smoke out your ass. Your side lost get over it.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!